Chapter 1

Peter's POV
Peter was out on patrol when it happened.
He wasn't paying enough attention.
He should've been there, he should've done something.
It was his fault.
And now she was gone.

It was like a dark, twisted dream. Something straight out of a nightmare.
He saw her once alive eyes drain of color.
He saw the fear written all over her face.
He saw all the tears, streaming down her cheeks.
He saw her skin pale into a white sheet.
He saw her chest stop rising.
He felt her pulse stop beating.
He felt her breath leave the room.
And then he was numb.

He didn't hear the sirens,
didn't feel the officer's hand,
didn't see the rush.
All he could think about was how she was gone...
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------He still couldn't feel anything.
It had been 2 days.
He was supposed to be in police custody until they found a place to put him.
He had to go to an orphanage. There was no family left for him. He was alone...
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Ned had been texting him all day.
He ignored him.
He was going to an orphanage tomorrow.
He wasn't ready.
He wanted to stay in Aunt May's apartment.
Wanted to be able to smell her again, remember all the amazing things she did for him, memorize the whole apartment.
But he was stuck.
All alone...
" Mr. Parker, there is someone here to see you!" Peter nodded, not having the energy to talk. The door opened and Mr. Stark walked in. Peter just kept his head down, knowing Mr. Stark was probably here to yell at him. He deserved it.
He did kill her after all.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Tony POV
I heard police sirens. This wasn't unusual, but they were closer than usual. This could be interesting!
"JARVIS, what's going on out there?"
"There seems to be a murder on Brooklyn Street, sir" the british Al responded.
"Who was murdered?" I asked.
"The victim was a widow. Her husband was killed a few years ago. He was shot. She lived with her nephew, who was not harmed. Her name was May Parker, and her nephew is Peter Parker, or Spiderman."
"Holy shit! This is not okay! Peter, oh my god what is happening to Peter, he must be so miserable and..."he kept on rambling.
"Sir? If you would like to know, Mr. Parker is currently in police custody, and since he has no other living relatives, he will be put in an orphanage after all necessary interogations. He will be in custody for 3 days and no visitors are allowed until Friday"
"Is there any way to see him earlier?"
"Unless you plan on spending some time in jail then no, sir"
"... could you please ready the guest bedroom on my floor for Peter? Thanks."
With that, he left to go to his lab, and he stayed there until Friday.
--------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------3rd Person POV
"...hey kid..."
Peter barely acknowledges his prescence. He barely whispers "Just get on with it please. Just get it over with."
"Get on with what?"
"You're gonna yell at me, I deserve it. I couldn't save her...so just do it, yell at me"
Tony was astonished. The kid thought it was his fault his aunt was murdered? This is really bad! When Tony's mom died, he did the same thing. He had to go to a counselor, but he now understood it wasn't his fault. What was going on in Peter's mind?
"Ohhh no kid, I am not here to yell at you" The man took a seat beside the frail, very pale looking teen."Look Pete, I know I'm not the most compassionate, emotional person, but know that I know how you feel. That feeling, like you're buried 20 ft underground, and can't dig yourself back to the surface. I know. It wasn't you're fault May died, its that murderers. He made that decision, and it's terrible that the consequences had to land on you. I'm so so so very sorry for your loss..."
There was a moment of silence, and Peter had to regroup his thoughts. So Mr. Stark wasn't blaming him, but he was probably just doing it so he wouldn't feel bad. He just wanted to cry, so that's what he did. He started sobbing, tears falling down his face. Tony was startled, but immediately pulled Peter into a hug. They sat like that for a long time. Only once he had come to his senses, did Peter realize that he was crying on the one and only Tony Stark. He didn't seem to mind though, so he didn't mention it.
"Pete I...uhh...I wanted to ask you something..."
"mhmmm" answered Peter, his voice still sore from crying.
"Ummm well, I know you have no living family, and I would feel terrible letting you go to an orphanage, so, ughhh, would you like to come live with me and the Avengers?"