Waiting for Tomorrow

" We need to retake that one. "

   " Why?"

   " Cause your pitch wasn't good enough. Bring it to a more sadder tone. "

   " I'm trying. "

   " I know. I know, but just think of what happened to make you write this song.  Shut your eyes and sing thinking of the memories. "

I nodded and closed my eyes waiting for the music to start. Then it started playing.

   " Perfect. "

   " Thanks. "

   " You wanna know how many songs we have left?"

   " Sure. "

   " We have 8. Including the song we just did. You managed to sing 17 songs. We are almost finished. "

   " Alright. Well, let's get into the next song. "

He nodded and the next song started playing.

   " Good. Now, this next song involves a lot of power in your voice okay?"

   " Got it. "

   " Alright let's take a break. Rest your voice for an hour. "

I nodded and stepped out of the booth and got a water. I walked to the lounge area and sat down in one of the chairs by the wide side wall window. I felt my phone buzzing. I picked it up and saw a Facetime call from Laurence.

   " Hey, Laurence. "

   " Hey Y/n. What's up?"

   " Just working here at the office. "

   " Nice. I just wanted to call and check up on you. I'm back at the new street we'll be living on. When are you coming?"

   " Soon. I should be finished up here by tomorrow. I'll be on the next plane tomorrow. "

   " Alright. Katlyn said you could live with her and Kawaii~Chan. Or there's a house right beside there's that's open for sale. Whichever. "

   " Alright. "

I looked up to see Bobby gesturing me to come back to the studio.

   " Sorry, Laurence I have to go. "

   " It's okay. Don't work yourself too hard. "

   " I most likely will. ( Me ) "

I hung up and ran with Bobby back to the studio.

   " Darren Chip is here to sing that duet with you. "

   " Okay let's get started. "

I walked into the studio to see Darren already in the booth.

   " Hey, Darren what's up?"

   " Hey, I'm good what about you beautiful?"

   " First off no flirting. Second good. "

   " Let's start the song guys!" Bobby shouted at us.

   " Good job Darren. "

   " Your voice is still angelic after that concert trip. "

   " Thanks. "

Then he left the booth.

   " Alright, Bobby. Let's get these next songs out of the way. We have a flight tomorrow. "

   " I couldn't agree any more with you. "

Then the next song started playing.

( Time Skip )

Finally done.

   " I'm gonna head home, Bobby. "

   " Alright, I'm going to send the songs to the Phoenix Studio. "

   " Make sure you mark them complete. "

   " I will. I will. "

   " Alright, you better. Goodnight. "

   " Night. "

Then I left the studio. I traveled down the elevator and made it to the first floor. I walked out of the building and called for a cab. When the cab pulled up I got in.

   " Where to?"

   " The Evergreen Complex. "

   " Yes ma'me."

I felt the taxi lurch onto the road joining the other traffic. We made it to the complex quickly.

   " Thank you. "

I got out and paid the man and walked into the complex. I saw DeAnn working hard at her computer.

   " Don't work too hard DeAnn. " I said passing by her.

   " Same to you Y/n. "

I nodded and walked into the elevator. I pushed the floor 30 button and the doors closed and started rising. I looked out onto the city. The lights collided with the night sky and its stars.

   " You have reached the 30th floor. "

I turned around and walked into my apartment. I took my shoes off at the coatrack and walked upstairs heading to bed early.

   " I'll pack in the morning. " I said out loud.

I went and changed into my pajamas and fell on my bed letting sleep overtake me.

( Lovers~Lane Laurence's P.O.V. )

   ' I can't wait. She's coming tomorrow. I think I'm too excited to sleep. '

I sat up in bed and walked downstairs. I walked into the kitchen and grabbed a glass and filled it with milk. I sat on the couch and drank it looking outside.

   " Hey, Laurence what are you doing up?"

I turned around to see Garroth standing on the stairs rubbing his eyes.

   " I couldn't sleep. I'm too excited for tomorrow. "

   " I am too. She's coming and is going to be living on the same street as us again. "

   " Ya, and this time we won't mess up like last time. "

   " We better not. I was heartbroken and worried about her. "

   " You weren't the only one Garroth. "

   " Ya, you stayed in your room most of the time. That and you would always pretend to be happy when you clearly weren't. "

   " Was I that obvious?"

   " Dude we all changed once she left. You changed the most. Man, when we saw her at Love~Love Paradise I broke out into tears. "

   " I did too when I saw her. "

   " Ya...........well, you better get to sleep. Tomorrow will come faster if you go to sleep. "

   " True. "

I stood up and put the glass in the kitchen sink. Garroth had already walked upstairs. I walked back upstairs and went to my room. I opened the door and shut it behind me. I jumped on my bed and fell asleep thinking of the past I had with her. All those good moments. The darkness soon enveloped me as I dreamed of our shared memories.