1.

Have you ever thought about how many times we breathe in a day? The answer is 17,000-30,000 or more.

It's interesting to learn and think about and observe all the facsinating things about the human body. How we have to be so dependant on one thing. It's like no matter how hard we try, we always keep coming back for one more breath. The cleansing feeling of breathing in air and, well.... Living. Not choking or gasping for something we just simply cannot go without.

------------

I'm suddenly snapped out of my train of thought due to my brother. "Are you listening?" He says with a bit irritation in his voice. I look over at him for a second not saying a word. "No." I let out a sigh of stress. "Sorry I'm just tired today. I barely got any sleep last night and I keep zoning out." He looks at me and smiles a small smile. "You should try getting some more sleep. Maybe try to lay down earlier. I just want you to have good days."

I look at him as he is looking at me and I smile. "I will try. & I know you do." I say. Calum always being so protective. He's the best though, really. I couldn't ask for a better big brother. He smiles again and looks back at the road, as he is driving me home from the last day of my senior year.

I look out the window. I see the little water droplets scattered throughout the canvas of the tinted window.. sad.

Calum is going on tour soon with his band and I guess you could stay I just feel a little stuck with him leaving. Even though we've only been here for about 3 months now I've seen pretty much whatever there is to see in this small town. I had tried to get my parents to let me go with the band and they just wouldn't give. Sometimes it feels like they let Calum get the things he wants simply because he's actually their child. I know they love me and all but it's hard not to feel the way I do. & I don't wanna seem jealous by saying it either. Because, really. Calum deserves all of the love, confirmation, and support in the world. But I... I don't know.

I let out another sigh. As we get out of the small car, parked in our big driveway. In front of our big tan house. With a big white picket fence surrounding it to keep all my demons trapped inside...

-------------------------------------------------

A/N.

Hey! I'm Daysia. I hope you enjoyed the first chapter of this little story I've decided to write. I'm sorry if it's a little on the short side or not that good. But I will try my best to make this story as enjoyable as possible! & I hope you'll keeping reading 🖤 ~ Xoxo.

Have a nice day!

🖤