Chapter One: The Guilty, The Officer, The Victim

Washington, Detroit, 2039

Apartment Complex

An android walks down the street, with groceries in his hands. He had short dirty brown hair that swiped up in front, blue eyes, a firm build, and peach skin. He wore the android attire, passing people down the street. Two years ago, an older elder bought him to take care of his middle-age granddaughter, that had been missing for ten years and suddenly returned when she was 16. Knowing that she was going to need someone to lean on when he was gone.

So he bought the Android and named him Micheal, after the Arch Angel and most faithful of God's children. The old man took him to his granddaughter, Marian Greymore. She was skeptical of Micheal at her, seeing that he was a man and she's got bad history with men. But over the months, they bonded over the time, what food to eat, who will do the dishes, the laughs, they dances. They became good friends and her grandfather gave him one thing he needed to obey; Protect her. That was his mission, then they became closer after her grandfather past, he was there for her when she needed someone to lean on. He even expressed emotions and held her in his arms as she cried to her heart's content.

About a year past since Marian's grandfather past, things with the Anti-android group was tense and thick in the air. Even some of the androids went deviant to escapes the cruelty of the humans, some did manage to escapes but others were destroyed and thrown into the mud to rust. Marian was worried for Micheal, knowing that he was an android, he was now a target of the people's hatred. She didn't understand why they wanted this, the people always complain about their jobs. The hours. The pay. The other workers. They got want they wanted and still complain about it, she didn't understand people herself. She didn't understand why her own kind was so hateful of things.

Micheal walks into the apartment complex and then steps into the elevator and dings for the seventh floor. He was alone in the elevator for the entire ride. Some people didn't want to be in the same place as an android. He arrived on the seventh floor and walks out of the elevator, it was quiet in the afternoon, people were enjoying their Saturday. He then stops in front of door 38. he puts the groceries into one hand and pulls out the key. He then opens the door and into the apartment and closes the door behind him. He walks into the kitchen and places the groceries on the table, then the key. He then took off his coat and places it on the coat rack.

He then walks back into the kitchen and places the groceries away. He then closes the fridge and saw that the dishes were done and everything was organized. Micheal smiles at this and walks into the Living room then steps in front of the couch and looks down at Marian as she was sound asleep with a book on her lap. He smiles down at her and then kneels down then gently took the book from her hand, it slips from her hand as he then bookmarks her place and sets the book down on the coffee table. He then looks back at Marian as she turns a little in her sleep. He found it adorable, then reaches out, gently brushed back her brown locks and gently took a hold of her shoulders and shook her. "Mari, Mari. Wake up," he said to her, Marian turns her head, groaning a little and then flutters her eyes open to reveal her forest green eyes. She then looks up at him, then closes her eyes momentarily as she smiles and then stretches "Hi." she mutters in a low tone. "Good evening, Mari. You fell asleep again, your book must be that good to send to you into a good sleep." he informs her.

She just chuckles and rolls in her side, pulling her arms in close, "What can I say? I love a good old romance story." she states with a smile, but then looks away and then it turns into a frown. "Sad that people nowadays don't appreciate the arts," she states and he looks down at her and places his hand on her shoulder. "I know," he states and she looks up at him. "The world is full of hate and despair, all that's good is a rare specimen, just like you," he tells her, making her smile again. "Sweet-talker." she teases, making him smile. "C'mon, let get you to the bathroom," he tells her, she nods sleepily as he helps her sit up, she then stood up on her feet as Micheal stood up as well and he directs her out of the living room and into the hallway, making a right and walks her into the bathroom. "You take a shower, I'll make lunch," he informs her. She nods at him and he closes the door, then walks back into the kitchen.