Chapter 3: Survive

Chapter 3: Survive

November 5th, 2039

10:58 pm

Hours have past and the bus came to a complete stop, the inspector then walks onto the bus and looks around. "Thank you for using Detroit Buses." the computer informs them. He then sighs as he saw there were still people on the bus and then he walks up to them. "Alright," he calls out, waking Kara and Micheal and they looked up at him. "End of the line," he states, the two exchanged looks and then looked back at him. "End of the line?" Kara asks him. "Yeah, you're going to have to leave," he informs them.

Kara looks back at Micheal as he just sighs. He looks at her and nods. Then he turns to Marian and gently shakes her. "Mari, Mari, wake up," he tells her, she groans and then she flutters her eyes open. Kara looks down at Alice and shakes her shoulder. "Wake up. We have to go," she whispers to her. Alice flutters her eyes open and then rubs her eye as the man walks past them and stood ready to make them leave. "Wha... where are we?" Marian asks as she yawns. "Downtown I believe," he answers her. She yawns he held her stand up and they step onto the aisle after Kara and Alice. Micheal then picks Alice up as she was still sleepy and they walk down the aisle. But Kara stops and looks at the man "Do you know if there's any other place we may spend the night?" she asks him as the others looked at him.

The man just looks at them and shrugs "I have no idea. But you're gonna have to leave." he answers them, they sigh and then hurried off the bus. Micheal then places Alice down on the ground and the two Deviants watched as the bus was leaving. But then as it started to rain, they heard shivering. They then turn around and saw that Alice was shivering and Marian was sitting next to her, rubbing her shoulders. "You gonna be OK?" Kara asks her, but they just looked up at her. "We'll find somewhere to spent the night," she assures her and Marian just exhales at her. But Alice stood up to her feet and walks over to Kara as Micheal walks over to Marian and took her hand pulling her to her feet. They then hurried down the street, then both Micheal and Kara scan the area and found a few places close to them. A motel, an abandoned house, a parking Lot and the dry cleaners.

So the hurried across the road and onto the other side. Marian and Alice sat down on the bench as Kara and Micheal were looking around. "One of these places must work," he states and then Kara walks over to Alice and Marian as they were shivering. "Alice, you're freezing cold," she states, then Micheal walks over and feels Marian's cheek. "Mari, you're freezing to the touch," he informs her. But they shook their heads. "No, I'm okay. We're not that cold." Alice assures her as she rubs her shoulders. "You look lost." an android tells them and the two looked at him as the android stares at them. "We have nowhere to go," Kara informs him. "I know someone who can help you," he informs them and offers his arms. They looked down at them and then grips his arms tightly.

The information was then transferred from the android to the Deviants "But, that's on the other side of town." Kara informs him. "Mari, won't make that far in this temperature." Micheal states, "We need a place for tonight." Kara states as they opened their eyes and saw that the android was gone. The truck then left and the two exhaled. "Come on, Alice." Kara states and Alice slowly stood to her feet. "Let's go, Mari." Micheal tells her, pulling her to her feet. She did so, but leans in close to him. They then hurried across the street to the store. "Look, the store is still open. Maybe we should go inside. At least you two will be out of the cold." Kara informs them as they step inside.

Then Micheal walks up to the cashier and the man looks at him, "What are you doing here?" he asks him, standing up from his chair. "I'm here with two friends and a little girl and we have nowhere else to go. Could you spare us some money so we can have a place to stay for tonight?" he asks him and the man just laughs. "Really? Two homeless Androids?" he questions and Micheal shot a look over at Kara and looks back at him. "Listen, this is a convenient store, not the Salvation Army. If you're not here to buy anything, then I suggest you leave." the man informs him and then took his seat.