Chapter Thirty

(Harry's POV)

Well, today is my birthday, and I have work. I hurry to get ready as I slept late, cursing myself mentally for snoozing my alarm more than once. As I'm tugging my black jeans on I look over to see Zayn still sprawled out on the bed, asleep. After what happened two nights ago, Zayn hasn't gotten angry or anything again, he's just been distant. He won't hardly touch me. Hell, he won't even hardly look at me. It's really upsetting, I just want to be close to him. I want to help him, I want to be there for him but he just won't let me. He keeps pushing and pushing me away and I don't know what else to do. I just have to hope that maybe his attitude will change. I don't know what he has planned for my birthday, if he has anything planned at all. But regardless I'm still going to try to have a good day whether Zayn is involved or not. 

I decide to not wake him up to tell him I'm leaving so I go to the kitchen, write a note, feed Penelope then head out the door. 

The walk to work is quick, I'm strolling into the little bakery in no time. My boss, a little old lady named Glinda greets me with a warm smile as always, only this time she's holding a cupcake. 

"Happy birthday Harry" 

I smile wide, at least someone remembered. "Thank you, Glinda. That means a lot to me." I take the cupcake from her and start eating it before I go clock in.

"You got any plans with that handsome man of yours?" She asks me and I don't really know what to say.

"Well, I'm not really sure, but I hope so." I really do...

She smiles fondly and lets the topic go, both of us icing cupcakes and layer cakes. Pulling muffins and cookies and pastries in and out of the oven. Serving customers with a smile even though our lives are falling apart.

Or at least I feel like mine is.

---

The shift goes by fast, thankfully. Five o'clock coming out of nowhere and I'm already walking up the stairs to the apartment. I haven't heard a thing from Zayn all day. Just a call from my mom, and a text from Liam and Niall. I was pretty upset to say the least. 

I turned my key and opened the door to all the lights being off in the house. Zayn must be out, on my birthday without me. That bastard. My sadness boils into anger as I throw my keys across the kitchen counter, walking to the bedroom.

I open the door to find Zayn standing there in black sweatpants and nothing else, candles lit all around him, rose petals on the floor and the bed, and two plates of pasta and glasses of wine on a serving tray. All anger subsides and I smile the biggest smile I've had all day. 

"Happy birthday angel." He smiles and walks over to me.

I cup my hand over my mouth, trying to contain my emotions. "Zee, I..."

"Shh, baby. Let me take care of you." He talks softly to me as he leans down and begins to leave a trail of kisses down my neck.

"I'm sorry for neglecting you baby. I'm sorry for not being there for you and not letting you be there for me." He says in between kisses. "I love you so much and I want to make it up to you. Can I do that baby?"

All I can do is nod and look up into his caramel gaze, his hair is a mess, scruff around his jaw and he looks so damn sexy.

He smiles and kisses me fervently. I kiss him back just as hard. It's desperate. It's been three weeks without touching him like this. Three weeks without him making love to me. I needed him so much.

He breaks me from my thoughts when he pulls away suddenly and my lips form a pout and he laughs.

"Let's eat babe and then we'll celebrate." He smirks, giving me a wink before going and sitting on the bed to eat. I follow, sort of left speechless by his actions. With the way things have been lately, I would have never expected this. He has made me so happy, this is all I ever could want.

We eat on the bed and make small conversation, Penelope curled up beside me. 

After we eat we drink our wine and talk like we don't have a care in the world. We're bubbles of laughter and squinty-eyed smiles and soft touches. He takes our plates to the kitchen and comes back shortly afterward and climbs over me, pinning me to the bed as he holds my arms above me, his eyes going from honey to almost black in a matter of seconds.

"I've missed you so much angel." He tells me as he sucks love bites into my neck and collarbone. 

I let out small whines beneath him, answering him the only way I can.

"Please." I needed him to touch me. I needed him to do something, anything. It had been so long since he had touched me.

"I've got you baby." He strokes my already throbbing shaft through my jeans as he kisses me with so much passion.

After that it's no more talking. Just clothes being torn off and desperate moans and heavy breathing and soft "I love yous." and the headboard hitting the wall. He pounds into me mercilessly but I have never felt more loved. My arms wrapped around his neck tugging his hair as he moans roughly into my neck. It's needy, it's raw, it's beautiful, the way we need each other.

A few more thrusts and we're both there, spiraling down from our highs as his movements stop. He lays like that on top of me, stroking my hair with his hand and planting soft kisses to my neck.

"I love you Harry." He whispers before he falls asleep.

"I know, I love you too Zee."

He's back.

My Zayn is back.

---------------------------------------------

Hello lovelies!

Here is chapter 30! please let me know what you think!

will things stay going too between zayn and harry or will I plot twist?

Stay tuned, love you all!

- raegon x