Chapter 10-11

Chapter 10: The Council

"Ok, so, where are we going again?" Jethro asked, lazily stretched out in the chair behind Carinthia.

"Jethro, I'm trying to concentrate here." Carinthia said, "If you hadn't noticed, I'm both flying the jet, as well as propelling it."

"Oh, I'm certain you're good enough at flying this thing that you won't, I don't know, crash or something." Jethro said.

"Well, I'm glad you have such faith in my abilities, but as they say, 'better safe than sorry'".

After a few moments, Carinthia replied, "We're going to the airport nearest to the Wood nation Council".

"Thanks doc." Jethro replied, leaning back once more.

It had been roughly three hours since Carintha, Jethro, and Ajani had left for South America. The only reason they knew where they were going amidst the vast oceanic expanse was due to the GPS built into the Jet. Otherwise, the only thing to see for miles in any direction was ocean. The plan was to fly to South America, talk to the Council, South America's government, and find the mythical beast there before the killer did. Carinthia hoped they wouldn't have to fight a full-blown war this time.

As she flew, Carinthia grew increasingly tired. Her constant use of alchemy was starting to take its toll, and her eyes drooped from time to time.

"Hey, Jethro, if you see an island nearby, let me know." She said.

"I don't see any island, just ocean. But you know the cool thing about earth alchemy?" He asked.

"You can't be serious..." She said, looking back at Jethro.

"Hey, Ajani, give me a hand will you?" Jethro said, standing up and looking out towards the pilot seat."

"I don't exactly do this kind of thing often Jethro." Ajani said, still seated.

"Oh, it's easy! Just think up, flat, and forward." Jethro said.

The two earth alchemists looked forward out the cockpit, and Jethro said, "Okay Carinthia, break out the landing gear!"

With a sigh, Carinthia began opening the landing gear and descending the Jet.

Jethro and Ajani both pulled their hands back, then slowly pushed forward. Carinthia's eyes widened as a long stretch of land slowly rose in front of her. She didn't know how they did it, but they had effectively created a landing strip for her. Grinning, she landed the Jet, and leaned back in relief.

"Cool huh?" Jethro said, walking over to her.

"Yeah." Carinthia said, exhausted, and then quickly fell asleep.

With a shrug, Jethro walked to the back of the plane and picked two bottles of soda out of the cupboard. Walking back over to the seats, he handed one bottle to Ajani, and sat down with the other one.

"So, I hear you went and took the Capital City of the Sand nation!" Jethro said as he opened his bottle of soda and took a swig.

"What is this?" Ajani said, holding up the bottle.

"Oh, right. Um, flavored drink, very sugary. I think you'll like it." Jethro replied.

Ajani opened the bottle and took a sip, licking his lips experimentally, raising his eyebrows, and taking another sip.