Tracks

A/N: So this happened to be finished today, but I am still studying for finals so... yeah XD

~

My Body was about to give up on me as I kept running. The sun poking from the horizon. Burning my skin, hissing wasn't an option. The pain growing more and more as I continued to run.

I couldn't let my father age night after night in the dark lands. Even as a child I hated those lands, staying close to my brother or mother, the only time I ever got close to my father was when I trained with him and he helped me and my brother with that.

Skidding to a stop with a cliff drop. At least a hundred foot drop below. The sun gleaming bright on the white stone across the way with a quick sprint to cover in the trees. Looking back with a spot of sun barely skinning my glowing blue tail. Backing up my tail tucked close to my body.

Getting on all fours and sprinting for the edge, jumping from cover of leaves to the wide open and burning sensation burned as was over the caverns mouth. Beginning to drop before I reached the ledge. Roaring in pain as I dug my claws into the cliff side, not taking a breath crawling over the edge and galloping into the tree brush.

Falling to my sides, the glowing blue from my skin smelled from the burns I now had along my arms and stomach and back. Breathing hard curling in a ball. My vision getting blurry as I began to lose consciousness.

No! I...need to...

I couldn't hold on any longer, losing my consciousness.

~

Waking up to the rustling of the leaves against the wind. My black hair flowing in the wind. My eyes slowly opened to the smell and hearing of running water. Pain was all over my aching body.

My fingers couldn't move, my toes, I couldn't feel my toes or my tail. Shakily getting up, looking over my shoulder seeing all my toes and tail. Shakily crawling to a tree. Clawing up the tree, my legs shaking as I stood.

Clutching each tree as I walked along the forest, the rush of water getting louder as I went. Limping over, once I saw the water, falling to my knees crawling towards the water taking large handfuls of water. The moon glowing against the water.

Splashing water over my face, drinking more gulps of water. Breathing hard as I slowly felt the water drip from my two fangs on my bottom lip. Looking down at my face. The cracks that ran along my face.

My eyes. My eyes looked exactly like father's. They weren't yellow and red like they were once, but now black and glowing blue. "No.." grabbing clutches of grass underneath my aching claws as tears fell from my eyes.

Something caught my eyes in the bottom of the river. Footprints. Troll footprints. Huge troll footprints that led to my right. Sniffing the air, the smell of gum gum trolls. Wait? How did they get out? The pain in my body suddenly went away and began to sprint towards the way the footprints went.