My Wolf

I remember the first time I encountered the wolf...

It had been 5 years since I had moved to Mrs.Cinder's palace and Ashlynn and I were playing hide-and-go-seek with the forest animals. I had run to the well, that I would soon come to find a sanctuary. It reminded me of a well I had seen once when playing fetch with Bayard's son, Denard.

I was enchanted by the well and decided to stay there until I noticed two shining black eyes. I walked over to it my curiosity getting the best of me. "Who are you?",I demanded"Show yourself" The thing came into the light to reveal itself as a huge grey wolf with black eyes towering over me.

I was frozen in shock looking at the beast with wild eyes. It began to slowly come towards me.

I fell over in fear, crawling back until my back hit a tree, I clenched my eyes shut while tears were streaming down my face. I felt its breath on my face and then, I felt a slobbery tongue lick my face.

I slowly opened my eyes to see the wolf bowing its head down. Hesitantly, I reached out and stroked its ash colored fur, but jumped when I heard it growl. My wolf moved its head up to look at me curiously as to why I stopped, its eyes filled with happiness.

After a while of sitting and playing with the wolf, I decided that we would be friends forever after.

"Wolf!", a young 11 years old me said,"that is what I will call you. My name is Alisonella but, you can call me Ella." I said with a smile.

My and I wolf played the rest of the day until I had to go back to the palace. Mrs.Cinder and Ashlynn were both not happy to see a dirty me in my torn clothes with sticks in my hair. Ashlynn was furious that I ditched her until I told her about the well.

Ever since then I have come almost every day to the well. It is the only one who can make me feel better when nothing else works and put a smile on my face. I never saw the wolf again but, I always feel it watching me.

Tonight I came earlier than usual; I sat down right next to the wall and leaned on its cobblestone body. I began to think up my daily 6 impossible things, I did it all the time when I was young and I still do it every morning.

"I go to Ever After High tomorrow. I am gonna miss you", I whispered knowing it probably won't respond but hoping it may respond like some of the wells in wonderland.

~🦋~

Eventually, I had to leave and go back to the palace to rest before my trip tomorrow. As I went to sleep I had dreams of flying and grey wolves.