Chapter One

Of course Remus gets stuck with Sirius. James and Peter just had to have gotten caught by McGonagall, leaving Remus with no buffer between him and his totally inappropriate, friendship-ruining, crush. Obviously. What would Remus's life be if not inconvenient.

It's a snowy day in December, and Remus is getting all swaddled up to go to Hogsmeade. He's a little more nervous than usual. Sirius is waiting for him to finish, tapping his booted foot impatiently while Remus threads his scarf around his neck and throws on a coat over his jumper. With the way Sirius looks, you'd think he takes longer to get ready, but no. His hair naturally flows like that, he only takes two minutes to perfectly smudge eyeliner (something that Lily will forever be jealous of), and he's only wearing a t-shirt, skinny jeans, and his damn leather jacket. Remus has a love-hate relationship with that leather jacket.

"You're going to freeze your arse off," Remus says. "Aren't you going to wear anything else?"

"I'll be fine."

"You know, Padfoot- frostbite doesn't care how cool you look."

Sirius jokingly puts a hand over his heart. "You really think I look cool?"

"I know that you think you do."

Sirius scoffs. "Moony, I'm wounded! It's okay. I'll survive. I know you're only hiding your affections for me with snark."

Remus tried not to blush. "Shut up. Are you ready to go?"

"I was born ready, Moony!" Sirius springs into action, and they leave the dorm.