The Knowing

Simaya:

I ran inside my dressing room and grabbed all my stuff as fast as I could. I didn't expect that and I couldn't take all this bullshit. I changed as fast as I could before Amina came in and started asking questions.

I quickly put my loose crop top over my bikini top topping it with a XO sweater Abel gave me. I covered my bottoms with some leggings, putting on my Jordan's I rushed out. Reaching the exit I opened the door to be hit with fresh cool air.

Walking through the parking lot I hear my name being called. I didn't bother to look back at Abel. He grabbed me by the arm to stop me.

"Get off me Abel!"

"Can you fucking stop Maya."

"Stop what? Shouldn't you go back with your crew before they find out your fucking with a hoe from the strip club?"

"Maya it's not even like that, you wouldn't understand. Let me take you home so we can talk."

"And in talking, you mean fucking and then leaving right?"

"You can think what you want."

"Just leave me alone Abel, I can't do this anymore. I thought I could but I just can't, You know you're the only guy in my bed while you fuck with other hoes knowing I love your ass."

I could feel the rim of my eyes water and get blurry. I didn't hold back, I told him I loved him.

"Maya.. I told you not to fall in love with a nigga like me. I can't give you what you want, you knew this from the beginning and you still fucked with me."

"Well, I'm sorry Abel I have fucken feelings that I can't control. Just forget everything, I gotta go."

I got in my car and started crying. He made it my fault that I loved him and I kind of agreed.

Tomorrow couldn't have came any sooner, I needed to see a face that loved me back.

-Sunday Morning-

Waking up I thought it was all a bad dream, I missed falling asleep with Abel's touch.

I checked my phone seeing that Amina texted me asking what happened with me last night, I texted her saying I wasn't feeling well and I would call her after visiting my grandma.

I went through my Instagram and saw that Abel enjoyed his night with his crew and some females. After seeing that I put the 'do not disturb' mode on my iPhone, I didn't want to bother with anyone. I got ready to see my nana, It seemed every time I would see her she forgot me more and more.

Before going to see her I would always pray for her to remember me long enough to have a conversation with her.

~~

It was a beautiful cold day in Toronto, the sun shined down and the air was crisp. I walked up to my grandmas facility bracing myself to who she would confuse me with today. I learned to play along and make her comfortable.

"Hey Estelle."

"Hey Simaya, how are you pretty girl?"

"I'm fine, thanks."

"That's good dear. Your grandma is having a good day today, she'll be happy to see you."

I walked to where my grandma was sitting and sat next to her.

"Hi nana"

"My baby, I've missed you so much."

Her embrace was what I needed, I felt her squeeze me tight and kissed my cheek. It's been almost two weeks since she remembered who I was.