epilogue

"babe, did you make soomin's lunch and put- hey, yejun! please leave your sister alone!" jimin yelled, his voice sounding throughout the large house. yoongi heard the commotion coming from the living room and chuckled to himself as he sealed up the plastic baggie containing his daughter's lunch. he made his way through the door adjoining the kitchen and the lounge only to be faced with cushions and blankets strewn across the room, kids wrestling on the carpeted floor, and a very worn out looking jimin in the middle of it all.

"daddy, up! up!" his two year old son squealed as he toddled over to yoongi. "one second, sweetie, let me just give this to your sister," the now twenty-six year old softly replied. he made his way over to his daughter who was sprawled out across the floor, out of breath. yoongi lifted her up while tickling her sides and kissing her cheeks playfully as she laughed loudly.

he finally put her down after a torturous twenty seconds and said, "sweetheart, can you put this in your backpack and get your shoes and coat on for me please? taehyung will be here any minute to take you to school." soomin nodded and sprinted off, the sound of little footsteps on the tiled floor retreating to the foyer causing a smile to appear on yoongi's face.

"baby, can you get yejun ready please? i've been up twenty minutes and i'm already drained," an exhausted jimin joked. the older smiled lovingly at the other before making his way over to him, leaning down, and placing a gentle kiss on his lips. "of course, my love," yoongi replied.

the patter of even tinier feet coming up behind him unwillingly made yoongi's lips curl upwards. a small body clung to his leg, relentless giggles being emitted from his precious son. mimicking his actions from minutes ago with his daughter, he lifted the toddler with ease while tickling him and kissing his cheeks.

"let's get you dressed for the day, buddy," yoongi cooed, scrunching his face up in adoration at his son. jimin couldn't help but to smile fondly at his little family, grateful that things played out the way they did. jimin was then left alone in the grand living room, giving him time to reflect on everything in silence and how perfect his life turned out to be.

he remembered when yoongi asked him to be his boyfriend after knowing each other for about a month, the most surreal day of jimin's life. he got an opportunity that millions of boys and girls around the world dream of getting; dating their idol. he wanted it to last, but didn't expect it to. a year and a half later, min yoongi proposed to him.

he remembered the day of their engagement, how it started out as a cute date, but ended in something truly like a fairytale. the beautiful scene that yoongi took the time to set up warmed jimin's heart every time he thought about it. he remembered the happy tears shed by both himself and his fiancé, and how no feeling in the world would ever compare to how he felt that night. a year later, he married min yoongi.

he remembered their wedding day, how he almost threw up with nerves just minutes before walking down the aisle with his father, and how he forced himself to suppress his tears so as to not ruin his makeup. the look on his almost husband's face as he watched the love of his life make his way over to him was one that would never be forgotten. staring into each other's eyes as they shakily said their vows, promising to love each other until their dying days. the ultimate announcement of, "i now pronounce you husband and husband," made jimin realise that he would never again feel happiness like that, his new best friends standing by his side as he looked deeply into the eyes of the man he loved. six months later, he adopted a daughter with min yoongi.

his precious soomin, whom he adored with everything he had, brought him an overwhelming feeling of euphoria. the initial fight that came along with their desired adoption agency disapproving of gay couples looking to start a family of their own was a long one, but it all came to be something that jimin would do all over again if it meant he would be met with a beautiful, healthy child of his own. shortly after, the married couple decided to do just that. their sweet baby boy, yejun, fit in so perfectly with their little family, jimin crying several times a day at how truly thankful he was to have them. he ensured it was made known that he loved and appreciated the three most important people in his life with his whole heart, and nothing could ever change that.