Chapter 3

When Jason got back to the cabin he told Emma everything that Annie had told him. She told him that they should keep looking for more clues before telling anyone that Halt was missing.

Emma slammed her head into the table in desperation. She and Jason had been looking for Halt for a week now and there was nothing. They had finally come to the conclusion that Halt had been kid napped. There were many witnesses of a man in a black cloke following Halt. After that, nothing. It was like Halt had been wiped of the face of the earth. Emma had been reading threw the letters Halt got, and in one some of the higher ranked rangers and many diplomats were supost to meet with the king and princes at castle Araluen and Halt was supost to be there. Emma was going to go and tell them everything. if they were going to find Halt they would need all the help they could get.

Emma and Jason walked into the throne room to were everyone was. All of Halts closest friends were there, this was the perfect time to tell them.

"Emma, what do you need?" Kind Duncan asked. Emma and Jason bowed to the king and princes before answering.

"I'm afrade I have some bad news about one of the Rangers." Eneryone was looking at her now, Emma took a deep breath and told them.

"Ranger Halt has been kidnapped, who or were is unknown. We don't even know if he's still alive." everyone stared at her for a moment, before bursting out with questions. The king rased his hand for silens. Everyone went silent, they all looked at Emma some with tears in their eyes.

"How do you know this?" The king asked trying to keep his composure. Emma told them everything she new, after she finished everyone was silent. No one new what to say, so Emma decided to break the silence.

" We need to find who did this, and get Halt back. I have an idea, But I'll need some help." Everyone in the room noded, and the surch for Halt began.