Chapter 5

Emma had Rangers every were searching for Halt. Of course she couldn't stop then from doing their duties, but as they were doing them they were looking for Halt. The king sent out so many search party's, but no one found anything. Arold lead a lot of the search party's, but no one could find a trace of Halt. Since they had quite a few new Rangers, Will, Gilan, and Crawly took a couple weeks off to put all their effort into finding Halt. Pauline also took time off to help them search. Emma was starting to feel like they would never find Halt, it was like he was gone from the face of the earth. Even with everything Emma had to do, she took every moment she could off to look for Halt. She would have the search party's come in, and her heart would rise with hope that they would have found some sign of Halt, only to have her hopes crushed. They had been looking for a hole week and found nothing. Everyone was starting to feel the loss of Halt. Pauline, Will, Gilan, Crawly, Arold, and even the king. Crawly, Will, Gian, and Pauline never stopped looking. They would go days without sleep. They wouldn't eat, they spent ever moment thy could looking for Halt.

It was about midnight when James came into Emma's office from a long days searching.

"Did you find anything?" Emma asked knowing the answer.

"No, and I don't know if we ever will." Jack said. Emma just stared at him, How could he that.

"No! We will find him, even if we have to search to the ends of the earth!" Emma yelled. Jack flinched at she abrupt response.

"Sorry, I just... " Emma said trailing off.

"I know." Jack said. They both stood there for a moment thinking of what to say, before Jack asked her if she wanted to take a walk. Tired of all the work Emma gladly said yes.

They went to the woods and walked in the light of the moon. Emma was glad to be out of her office, even though she loved her work, sometimes it just became to much. and with Halt missing, she needed a nice walk to take her mind off of her troubles. They walked for about a half an hour before they started to head back. On their way back they heard something running twards them. They ducked behind a tree as a girl, who looked to be about in her mid teens, ran into view. She was panting and obviously scared of something. Before Emma or Jack could do anything the girl saw then.

"Who are you?" The girl whispered franticly. Emma was the one to answer.

"My name is Emma and i'm- before Emma could finish the girl cut her off.

"Your Emma, the Emma that is in charge of protecting the Rangers?" The girl asked.

"Yes I am." Emma said and the girl continued.

"Please we need to get back to the castle, I have some information you need to know." The girl said as she back to the castle. Emma and Jack ran after her, trying to keep up with her fast pace.

When they got back to the castle the girl ran into the main hall. There in the hall was Will, Pauline, Gilan, Crawly, Arold, Rodney, and the king. They were obviously talking about something when the girl burst into the room with Emma and Jack running behind.

"What's going on?" The king asked.

"I don't know." Emma said.

"We were walking when his girl came running. Emma told her who she was, and then the girl said she had some information for us and started running twards the castle." Jack said and they all looked at the girl, who was out of breath.

"I- I know who took R-Ranger Halt." She said right before she collapsed.