Fifty-fourth Cliché

"What is all this?" Mia looked at the flowers in the hands of a nicely dressed man. She was not dressed as on point as him but she did not mind.

"It's a date..." He answered slowly, understanding the woman's question. It was a peculair thing for him to suggest. So peculiar that it was the first time he had done this.

"Why?"

"Because...my girlfriend deserves a date." Taehyung said smoothly, but inside he noticed that there was gurgling happening. It was interesting. He had never actually had a proper date, even when he had dated Layla.

Taehyung pushed the bouquet to her and hope that she wouldn't get violent and smash his head with it. With Mia it seemed possible.

Mia took the flowers and smiled. They were lilies and she really did like the white flowers. He smiled as he saw her smile.

It was nearly the same smile that she would have when she saw him...

"Thank you. They're pretty." Mia allowed the flower to waft their pretty scents into her nose. They were fresh and pretty.

"Let's go, Mia."

"Where are we going?"

"Dinner and then a movie." Taehyung almost cringed. He really ha don choice though, no matter how he rolled his head, he had no ideas for Mia and his first date. He had even resorted to using the internet, yet this was what he got from the resource.

"Oh, what movie?"

"The new movie with dinosaurs." He wasn't sure why Mia was so into that movie but she did so he was going to watch it.

"Ah, I wanted to see that one!" Mia excitedly chirped as she took Taehyung's hand. In her excitement she had not realized that they were holding hands rather intimately.

"Good. Let's go." He did not mind, and he hope by the end of the night, she would be more willing...

He got in the driver seat and started driving but as they drove, he noticed Mia's face light up in glee as she watched the Ferris wheel. And seeing that face made him want to make her damn dreams come true.

"You passed the movie theater." Mia watched as they passed the movie theater.

"I know." Taehyung knew, but when she had stared at the fair nearby, he knew they had to change their course after dinner. "We can watch the movie later."

"Oh," Mia watched, slightly disappointed. She had gotten very excited for the movie, but she tried not showing it.

"Mia...we are here." Mia looked at Taehyung who had opened the door for her.

"Really?" Her voice hitched, as her eyes widened and that made Taehyung smile. The expression she had on now was an expression that he had never seen on her.

"Yes." Taehyung sighed, happily though as he watched Mia take it all in.

"You're taking me to the fair!" Mia jumped and her eyes got round as she watched the Ferris wheel and the cotton candy stall with sweet strings of sugar being formed of blue, pink and green. She needed to be inside now.

"Do you like it?"

"Do I like it? Taehyung, thank you!" Mia tugged on his arms but Taehyung felt good. He did not feel the pain of her happy smacks. "Can we get some corn dogs?"

"If you want." He smiled. It was a first to see Mia treat him like she had treated Mark.

"I want." Mia's eyes sparkled like a star and Taehyung felt great. "And cotton candy!"

"If you want." Taehyung chuckled as he watched her enter the fair and rush to the food stand. .

It was nice seeing Mia so happy. he had not thought that having her so happy made him content. Since it was not even that difficult to make her happy, he wanted to do all that would make her happy, because he wanted this to work out.

➰➰➰

Mia was enjoying the time at the fair. And Taehyung was willing to do anything she wanted. That made her feel special.

It was Mia's first real date. Even with Mark, she had never had a proper date with him. It had always been small, meet at the park, cafe or home and chill, talk, make out perhaps, so having this fun experience was new and exciting.

And Taehyung had this sticky, dewy look in his eyes whenever she would catch him looking at her. It made her feel really warm in the stomach. Her hands were sweaty but he wouldn't let her go and somehow his clinginess made her feel even warmer.

Since Layla's pep talk, Mia realized that she had been too narrow minded. Giving Taehyung a chance was not ludicrous, he deserved it.

"Taehyung you can wait here, I'm going to get cotton candy." Mia smiled as she sat Taehyung down on a park bench.

Taehyung watched as the girl jogged happily to the food cart where they were whipping up sugar goodness. He watched as her eyes lit up and her smile adorn her face and it was the most interest and pretty thing he had seen recently.

Mia paid for her sugary treat and she walked toward back to him with a greg big smile on his face. He liked the way she smiled and he liked how she smiled at him.

Taehyung did not want her glaring at him with hatred. Not anymore. He wanted something more.

To be truthful, Taehyung had heard an earful from Layla the other day. He could not lie as he watched the female walk closer that what Layla had said was false. He enjoyed being with Mia and now that Mark was out of the picture for good, he wanted more--more from this deal than a bit of fun.

Like Layla had said, a pet didn't wear a $40,000 necklace and bracelet. Mia was not a pet or a toy, that was clear for sure. She was something more.

"Taehyung?" Mia called out and Taehyung looked up at the female who was in fact wearing the choker and bracelet.

There was a sense of pride knowing that Mia still had it on her. It did not enter his mind that she could not take it off, not for the lack of trying, but she did not have the keys to take it off.

"Mia, it's getting late. We should get back."

"But the ferries wheel," she looked longingly at the ferris wheel and had a puppy face that he could not say no."

"Come on then, let's get in line for that." He smiled as he pulled her along, a small smile on his handsome face. Today was an unexpected day—a true curve ball. The day was full of surprises, because now he knew.

Taehyung knew that he himself wanted something more from Mia, more than just her body.

As his hands held her, it tightened, lingeringly, her touch first warming only his hand until it infected his whole body.

This was now more than just a game.