Seal

Kushina was dead, the masked man had ripped the nine-tails out of her after Naruto was birthed.

Minato saw red, his whole world came crashing down as he saw his wife's lifeless eyes staring into his soul. Her deep blue eyes staring right into his bright ones, her beautiful face stuck in the same shocked expression forever.

Minato defeated the masked man and he disappeared, but now the Yondaime had to deal with the tailed beast running rampant and destroying the village.

There was nothing he could do to seal the beast, Minato would've sealed it inside himself with the reaper death seal, but then Konoha would've lost the beast as a village weapon.

There was nothing Minato could do...

Unless...

Minato glanced at Naruto, he wasn't even an hour old, this decision could ruin Naruto's life forever but it had to be done. There was no other way.

Minato placed Naruto in a basket gently and teleported next to the fox, I have to hurry, the teams holding it down won't be able to hold it much longer!

Minato had all the preparations set, he was about to make the hand signs when a blur appeared in front of him. He looked up to see his old friend, Hyuuga Hiashi standing in front of him and appeared to be holding a bundle of blankets, "Hiashi! What're you doing here?!"

Hiashi said nothing but strode towards the demon and placed the bundle on the ground, he then rapidly formed hand signs and gently placed his hand into the blankets.

A bright white light appeared, blinding Minato as he shielded a crying Naruto with his body, "Hiashi!"

-Line Break-

He heard crying when he awoke.

Minato groaned as he stood from the uncomfortable position of curling over Naruto's basket and looked around, his eyes widened when he saw Hiashi's body lying limply on the ground a few feet from him.

He rushed over to his friend, only to find him dead.

The Yondaime looked into the bundle of blue blankets to see a newborn, indigo tufts of hair sprouting from the child's head. The infant wailed, kicked, and threw it's fists around, Minato's face fell in realization at the sight of the black, swirled seal around the infant's navel. He picked the baby up and found a small note within the blankets.

'This is my heiress, her name is Hinata.

I'm sorry I've been so distant these last few years, Minato. I don't want your child bearing the burden of jailing the beast.

Please, watch over her, she will have a hard life and she shouldn't go through it alone. I know you will be mourning the loss of Kushina, I can't imagine the pain, but please, watch over Hinata.

We will meet again, old friend.'

Minato cradled Hinata, he cried, cried for the loss of his wife and his best friend.

-Line Break-

When I opened my eyes, I didn't expect to be seeing the life of a young girl to be displayed in front of me.

I don't remember much of what happened after Kushina gave birth, but all I know is a masked male used the Sharingan to send me on a rampage.

Kushina must be dead then, if I'm in a new vessel.

Ah, she's being held up to a mirror.