Chapter 13: New Motive

I woke up the next morning and like always did my normal morning routine before heading to the dining hall late. I had to check the bandages around my neck but it was all good now. I stood in the shadows like always. "Good morning everyone." Shuichi greeted. "Ah...yeah. Good morning." Tsumugi said. "Good...morning." Keebo greeted. Miu just sighed in announce as did I. Maki didn't say anything. There was a dark mood in the dining hall. Geez I know it's after a class trial but...geez. "What's wrong bro? You gonna eat?" Kaito asked keeping his cheery mood up no matter what. He's a trooper. I'll give him that. "If you don't eat than Gonta will eat you instead." Kokichi joked. I snickered lightly under my breath. Shuichi took the joke literally. "It was just a joke calm down." I said with a small smile. "Heh, right." He said sweat dropping a little bit. "Speaking of Gonta, where is he?" Kaito asked. "He's not here yet?" Shuichi asked. "Take a look around ding dong." I said in a joking tone. "He's probably still sleeping." Keebo offered. Miu sighed again. Maki was still silent. The atmosphere was still really heavy in the room. It was making me a little nervous. "Heeeey! You guys have no energy! You need to look alive! We're still teenagers!" Himiko shouted. Tenko smiled proudly at Himiko. "Nice one Himiko!" She said. "She's right! You all need to buck up!" Tenko shouted. Shuichi was shocked at the small girls efforts. She started trying to lecture us. It was so freaking adorable. I'm not even joking. Miu sighed loudly. I was getting annoyed. "QUIT SIGHING ALREADY!" Me, Himiko, and Tenko all shouted. There were a few questions about Himiko's sudden mood change but I was starting to zone out a little. The mood was up until. "Yeah! Let's cheer up and work hard! This game is just getting started!" Kokichi stated. "Game?" Shuichi questioned. "Huh? Isn't that what we were talking about?" Kokichi questioned. "Ugh...but now there are less people. I might be the next victim." He said. This caused me to worry slightly. "Woooooow! So exciting! But I don't wanna die!" He said. Yeah, and I'm not going to let you die. I thought. "You're still saying crap like that at a time like th-." Kaito was cut off by the door to the dining hall flinging open. Welp Gonta's here now. Apparently some letters were added to the writing and WAIT A MINUTE WHAT WRITING!? I sighed being too lazy to care at the moment. They kept throwing around theories and whatnot but I was more or less emotionless right now. After a while Monokuma showed up. After a few words, weird stuff with the Monokubs, we finally got the prizes. A paint brush and a stone. Oh well leave it to Shu like always. Then they held out a key-card that was apparently the motive as well. Upon hearing the word motive me and Kokichi became interested. Everyone was chatting about it until. "Yoink! I'll take that key-card then." Kokichi stated snatching it up quickly. "But that Monokuma's motive! What if another murder happen!?" Gonta shouted in protest. Kokichi gave him a look. "I wouldn't mind that at all, y'know." He said. I can see what you're really doing. I thought. Taking the motive before anyone else gets it.   

"What!?" Shuichi questioned in shock. "(Y/N) stop him!" Kaito shouted. That got me really annoyed really fast. "You don't get to order me around!" I snapped causing him to flinch back. Kokichi used that to slip away while the others were more focused on me. Kaito noticed and went after him. I sighed. "He'll never catch him. Kokichi's way to fast. I should know." I said. After that I chased after them not going nearly as fast as I could. I ditched them somewhere and went to the A.V room. After about an hour I sensed the purple haired leader behind me. "Hey." I greeted plainly. "I need your help with something." He said. It wasn't in a joking tone. It was his commanding tone. I looked over my shoulder at him. He had his serious face on. I nodded silently and without another word followed him. The hallways seemed empty and barren. Everyone else most be exploring some new areas. Kokichi led me to somewhere I haven't been in a while. The manhole. It was still covered by some rocks. I moved them with ease. What? I'm a vampire. We don't follow human logic. He nodded his thanks and climbed down the latter. I followed since he hadn't said I was dismissed. "(Y/N) you don't have to keep following me." He said. I thought for a moment until we were on the ground. "Well then I'm here of my own accord. I'm curious too you know. But my question is, what does the key-card have to do with the 'Death rode of despair'?" I asked. He didn't say anything for a little bit. "I originally thought that it might be for the door hidden behind the bookshelf in the library but it wasn't. Monokuma typically doesn't give out motives this early so I'm sorta suspicious that it might be something big. If it is something that big what would be that big? The answer? Some kinda big secret that may or may not ruin or improve the killing game depending on who sees it. But why take that big risk of ruining the killing game? The answer is that only those who can keep it to themselves would be able to get to it. Think, who's the most likely to be smart enough and fast/strong enough to get to this big secret and keep it to themselves?" He questioned. I thought over his words for a minute. "That would be me, you, and Maki. Anyone else would tell the others if they got through a bunch of traps." I said. He nodded. "Exactly. Now think. What's the one place that has a bunch of traps that may seem close to impossible to get through?" He asked. I nodded understanding his logic. "It's a stretch I know. I may just be over thinking things. But it's all I've got at the moment." He said. I nodded again. "I see. Your theory is logically and has some ground to it. Especially if we don't know any other places where a key-card can be used. But didn't you and the others fail this thing over and over again?" I questioned. "Nee-heehee. You should know by now I don't show how good I am at things." He said with a smirk. "Well then. Let's do this." I said.