Chapter 23

The new fireteam headed into the warlock section of the tower, reserving a large, private study where they could go over their introductions and possibly begin to prepare for their raid on Oryx.

The study was made of a decently large room, wall screens took up the main, large wall across from the door. There was also a few couches in the corner of the room and a large table in front of the wall screen. The group sat at the table, as the couches would have been a bit tight for their numbers. Settling into the seats around the large oval table, Tessa could see the eyes flicking back and forth to all the new members as they continued on in silence. She only hoped they'd get along. She didn't want to face down Oryx with a dysfunctional group of hot-shot guardians.

"Shall we begin with introductions?" The awoken titan spoke first, his hands folded in front of him on the table as he surveyed the group around him.

"Sure." Tessa said with a nod. "Who wants do go first?"

The group looked around at one another in silence, until the other titan, the human brother of the hunter spoke up.

"I'll go." He said, raising a hand. "My name is Edon. I'm a titan, as I'm sure you all noticed-" He smiled, gesturing to his bulky frame. There were a few chuckles around the table. "I'm one of Zavala's lieutenants, I oversee the defense of the southeast sector of the wall." He explained to them, "I also keep track of Fallen weaponry being developed with a team of scouts and just recently I visited the sunbreakers's forge and was able to earn their respect and learn the ways of the sunbreakers."

Tessa saw Damian's eyebrows shoot up, along with the other titan's. She didn't know much about titans, but becoming a sunbreaker was no small feat, she knew that much for sure.

"Wow." Damian said beside her, speaking half to himself. "That's incredible." He said, "I can't remember the last time I've even seen a sunbreaker on the field."

"They're defiantly selective in their choosing." Edon confessed, smiling politely to Damian, then leaning back in his chair. He glanced to his left, where his sister sat beside him.

"Do you want to go next?" He asked her.

"Fine." She breathed, sliding closer to the table with a small sigh. "My name is Ada, I'm Edon's twin sister." She told them, "I'm one of Cayde's scouts, I monitor Fallen and Hive in Europe and Asia and I mark dangerous or interesting places in each." Her voice was cold, unattached, her face nearly expressionless minus the small hit of distaste covering her features. It didn't explain why Cayde had chosen her. Perhaps she was highly familiar with the Hive?

"And, you might have seen her in the crucible. She's great in there." Edon chimed in proudly. Ada said nothing to confirm or deny her twin. She was a fighter, then. That must have been why Cayde chose her.

"I guess it's my turn, then." Estella said, having found herself seated on Ada's left. She knit her fingers together atop the table as she glanced out across the group. "I'm Estella-3. I've studied the hive for years now, I'm one of Ikora's hidden. I was a consultant while we were fighting Crota, and now I've been working to help out in the Taken war. Besides maybe Eris Morn, no one knows Oryx better than Damian and I." She said, giving him a small nod across the table, to which he returned in respect. Once she was finished with her quick introduction, she looked to the awoken titan on her left.

"My name is Balendin," He began, "I fought in the battle of Twilight Gap, where I led a highly successful charge on a large group of enemy forces. Now, Zavala has had me heading up multiple groups of Vanguard fireteams that travel the system and take down high priority threats, and I train fireteam leaders on how to better recognize the strengths and weaknesses of their teammates." He said, then added as an afterthought, "And if Balendin is too long of a name, I've had people call me Bal."