Chapter 11

Lance pov

"Lance. It's going to be okay, stay with us," an unknown voice sorrounds my head. I can't open my eyes. I can't move. I can't feel anything... what happened? What's going on? The last thing I remember is being on my way to pick up the girls and mom... what's happening? For a second I felt like i could hear my mom sobbing... "Lance stay with us!" I hear the voice again. I try to respond. I manage to move my hand slightly. I hear voices everywhere coming from every angle. I'm gonna do it. I'm going to survive. I open my eyes at long last. I seem to be in hospital. A sudden pain shot through my stomach. I see mom... I see the doctor and I see... Keith. Omg Keith. I try my hardest to reach out to them but I'm dragged down by the pain. "He's stable, thank god," the doctor said handing my mother a tissue. "Just a broken leg and a fractured spine. Maybe a month at the month and he'll be out the hospital." The doctor smiled. I smile back. Keith came all the way out here to see me? I love him. "I'll give you guys a moment," the doctor says walking out. "Omg sweetie your okay?!" My mom smiles at me. Keith's holding my hand now. He's smiling but there's tears in his eyes. "What are you like lance? You should of let Cleo drive!" My moms back to her typical self. "Hey, it's not my fault people drive way too fast!" I manage to speak out. Keith laughed. "I'm just happy your okay," Keith smiled. Where would I be without him today? To think if we were never assigned together  in that science assessment we would have never developed what we have. "I'll give you boys a minute then," my mom let go of my arm and walked outside. "Lance," I interrupted him, "don't yell at me please?" He laughed. "I wasn't going to yell at you, in fact it's more the opposite, this is bad timing but merry Christmas lance," he smiled handing me a small blue box tied with a read ribbon. "Keith.." I say, "nope, just.. open it," he said smiling. So I do. Inside was a pretty snow globe, inside it was a sculpture of two boys having a snow ball fight in the snow. "Keith you shouldn't have," I smile. He smiles. "Well I do actually have something for you but it's at home..."
"Lance it's fine, you can give it to me once your out of this hospital." And just like that, I feel my eyes close as I fall asleep.

Time skip: 1 week later

Authors pov

Lance was slowly recovering. Everyone else was back at school. It wasn't the same without lance, but Keith made the effort to visit him every evening and every spare second he had. The boys were in love after all, what more could you expect?
If anything, Lance was just happy to have an extended winter break even if he was stuck in hospital living off chicken nuggets. Lance's mother struggled at home without lances support but she managed well enough. Cleo was fine, she only had a fractured arm that had recovered already.

Keith was at school. It was lunch time. He sat with Pidge and Hunk. Together they decided to create a get well soon card for everyone to sign for lance even though deep down Keith thought it was a cringey idea. However everyone wanted to sign it. With all the love and support from family and friends and boyfriend lance would soon make a recovery.

A/N: sorry for another short chapter ahhh, hope you guys are
Enjoying the story so far :)