You're out.

When the pack stopped telling him about meetings, Stiles laughed. It wasn't surprising that they forgot to update his number when their phones kept getting destroyed by the monster of the week...right? They just forgot. That happened. All the time! Too often. When the pack stopped giving excuses for forgetting, a deserving prickle of fear and trepidation etched its way into his heart, making his usually cocky and brave smile falter and leave. Only when they weren't watching. When they went out of their way to stop him going to meetings, he stopped smiling altogether. Only where they couldn't see. But it's fine, right? He was part of a family that loved him and just wanted to keep him safe...right?

But when Derek used the door instead of the window to get into Stile's house, as small and insignificant a fact that may be, he accepted that something was wrong. He couldn't hide his feeling then, but no one saw. Becuase no one wanted to.

The knock on the door of the Stillinski household brought Stiles abruptly back from his pensiveness, forcing him to stand up, his too-young bones creaking in protest after a period of time spent in deep thought. He was dreaming. But it was a nightmare.

He cracked the door open and with a jolt of surprise realised it was Derek Hale, in other words: the alpha of his pack. The rugged werewolf stood hulked over in the doorway, seemingly uncomfortable, his default position in the face of any and all company. His muscle-bound figure was dressed in a henley, as usual, despite the cold, and he wore thick boots, only for show. He was a wolf, and he doesn't need human clothes. His hair was dishevelled, unusual but more common now that he was in charge of the pack. Leadership didn't suit him. What did? His hazel, green eyes darted warily to Stiles and made him seem nervous. But that couldn't be true. This was Derek Hale!

"Hey, Sourwolf!" He said seemingly cheerily, but he had no doubt that Derek could hear his increased heartbeat, the scent of sadness emanating from his shaking frame and the pale pallor on his gaunt face. He felt a sense of shame flare up, creeping up to his then flushed cheeks as he averted his gaze from the brooding man in front of him. Submitting was never his strong suit, but Stiles was changing. Derek glared, his usual stony face intensified to a seemingly enraged expression. As hard and vague as Stiles guesswork was, he could work out that something was different. And Stiles was scared of different, so, so scared.

"Cat got your tongue?" Stiles quipped, then chuckled nervously at his unintended joke. Jokes weren't funny to a man of stone, and although no one would ever know it, it made embarrassment and fear become a familiar face to Stiles. But changing wasn't an option. He wouldn't let Derek see his feelings."Sit." growled Derek, and proceeded to push an indignant Stiles past the open door and into the living room. "Hey- I've said countless times you can't just-"

"You're out." Thundered Derek. Stiles gulped and sputtered angrily "You can't just come in and moan about my sexuality!" He wrung his hands and sat back with an agitated huff. His lighthearted joking was rapidly giving way to ripe fear, and primarily: terror. "God! I'm not gonna-"

"NO!" Roared an agitated Derek, making Stiles flinch, and the house seemed to shake, the wolf at its doorstep casting a shadow on the occupant and all of the memories within. Stiles' heart beat a shocked rhythm...he didn't understand! He was sure he was trembling now, he could hear a quickened pounding in his ears, and he realised it was his heart beating, trying to run away from the conversation. "You're not in the pack. Don't ask why and don't talk to any of us. Go. Away." ending in a barely contained snarl.

Derek's voice rumbled and resonated through Stiles' head. He gasped, the breath in his throat catching, he began to shake. Derek turned but Stiles rasped a terrified breath and tried fruitlessly to grab onto his sleeve. But he was gone. He rapidly strode away towards the dark abyss of the forest, until it swallowed him whole, both taking him away and providing him with the closure he sought from the fragile boy behind him. Stiles was lost.