( five → real life )

it's been a day since scout went over to josh and lucas's house and the whole 'jout' tag was going fucking crazy.

there were edits, fan accounts, and fan fics? scout sat on her bean bag in her room going though all the edits of her and josh, liking a few that weren't too crazy. she didn't want to confirm a ship that wasn't even real yet.

out of nowhere the door flung open to show one of her housemates, lane. lane jumped down next to scout and showed her her phone, on the screen was a video of josh 'confirming' jout as a joke.

no one took it as a joke.

she gasped and screamed out loud, "whAT IN THE FUCK?"

lane, of course, burst out laughing and elliott came rushing in, almost tripping like three times.

"what happened? are you o-okay?" elliott asked with concern in his voice. lane on the other hand was still laughing as scout called josh, waiting for him to pick up.

"josh fucking confirmed the whole jout ship thing! no everyone is flippig their shit and- hello? josh, yeah what thE FUCK? EVERYONE IS FREAKING OUT! ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR MIND?" scout yelled into the phone directed at josh. the reason she was so mad over this was because she made it VERY clear to all her friends that she never wanted to make any relationship she had public. not after her ex. even if it was fake, she didn't enjoy the fact he did that without her consent.

elliott and lane left her room to give her a bit of privacy. thank god for them.

"woah woah, girlscout, calm down. it was just a joke. plus, even if people did think it was real than we can keep it going for a while and 'break up' over something insane. it'll be fun." josh explained, seeming calm about the whole thing.

"are you fucking dumb? i thought i told you and everyone that i didn't want any relationship of mine public again, even if it is fake." she spoke, anger and frustration still running though her.

"scout, listen, it's fake. how is anything bad going to happen like last time with your old 'boy toy' if it isn't real? and if something does happen i'll make it up to you!" josh tried to calm the panicked girl down, only getting a sigh in response.

"fine. if this does end up like shit before the fake break up then.. you'll have to make it up to me in some way that i can't think of right now." scout at this point had given up and pretty much let josh win. josh just agreed and hung up.

"fucking DWEEB!" she groaned, tossing her phone on the beanbag chair she was sitting on before this all went down. she flopped onto her bed and heard her door open.

"you good?" elliott asked, sitting down next to her on her bed. he ran his hand though his red hair, waiting for a response.

scout just grunted in response and sat up, only to wrap her arms around elliott and make him lay on the bed with her.

"you're a boy, please inform me on why boys are so dumb. i mean you're not that dumb, probably because you live with two girls." she spoke, laughing at the end, resting her cheek on his chest.

"what if he actually wants to date you? and this is just a way to get closer to you?" he suggested, playing with the end of her hair, he didn't know why but it just felt right.

"yeah right, but okay. thanks elliott." she paused, not moving from her current position.

"can we stay like this for a while?" scout asked, enjoying the warmth.

"of course."

---

A/N
-
elliott and lane belong to lxnegxrl !! they are both her OCs
-

A/N-elliott and lane belong to lxnegxrl  !! they are both her OCs-

elliott and lane above!