Chapter Four

Max's POV

David and I got up, ate some breakfast, I made myself some coffee with the coffee machine I had forgotten in my separate bag that I brought in. I set it up and made myself some coffee.

David's POV

Max brought the coffee machine into his room and I don't understand why he couldn't have just left it on the counter out here. I like coffee too. But he makes himself a cup in his room and comes out drinking it. I'm going to go to Baristas to get myself some. I don't have anything to make the coffee I would like at the moment. I also kinda want to see Gwen too.

"You ready Max?" I ask grabbing my keys.

He walks out slouched a bit, "Yep, let's go."

We get in, I let him know that I myself am going to make a quick stop. He nods.

I get in and greet Gwen, "Hello Gwen!"

"Hey David what's up?"

"Nothing much I just need a small caramel latte, I'm about to get the rest of things for Max. Like new clothes and school supplies." I smile.

She gets started on it, "Sounds fun, and you said that yesterday was good right? He didn't act out or anything like that?"

"Right! He didn't, he listened like he did at camp, annoyed but did it anyway. He also really likes the room it seems, which is great!"

"Mhm, that is, also sounds much better than working at the moment. I've been up since this opened today. About five in the morning. What time is it anyway?"

"About eleven?"

"Sweet, off in an hour. Here you are, a small caramel latte. You should probably be going now. I can text you later, maybe come by." She hands me my drink with a soft smile, I smile back at her.

"Sounds great! Well, I'll see you later!" I beam, she waves and I wave back.

"That took forever. What were you doing? Talking to your girlfriend?" Max complains

"No, I was talking to Gwen." I lightly blushed, I mean I do like her, she's amazing.

"That's what I meant." He smirked

I didn't respond, I just started to the store, I feel like he saw my cheeks blush. I ignore it and just continue on.

We get there and grab a cart and start looking for supplies for when he starts in school again. Afterward, we find him some clothes. At the moment he has a sweatshirt, a couple yellow t-shirts and a few pairs of jeans.

"Alright, so we finished getting your supplies, time for clothes. What do you normally like to wear? We could also get you a new pair of shoes or a new sweatshirt... If you'd like?"

"Alright, let's get different shoes then, and then I'll pick out the rest of my clothes. And I'm fine with this sweatshirt." He says, almost defensively. IT must be special to him.

After about thirty minutes, maybe a bit more, he gets new clothes and a new pair of shoes that... were the same thing as the ones he was wearing, he gave a sarcastic smile when he put them in the cart.