one

[Kim Namjoon: age 10]

"Mom!" he shouted. "Mom, where are you?!"

He coughed, his throat closing up from the ashes that got into his lungs. He was hot and sweaty, and his eyelids were heavy and swollen.

The heat was getting to him. Sweat dripped down his forehead and onto his chin like tears. He walked through the hallways of his house, running into the walls as he messed up his balance.

He couldn't find her. He couldn't find his mom.

"Mom, please! Mom!"

He walked into the nursery. His little sister was there. She was dead. The fire was too much for the newborn.

Namjoon let out a wail. He treasured his little sister. He only had his mom left, but he couldn't find her.

He wandered around the burning house, trying to find the only thing he had to live for. He finally walked into a spare room and froze.

"Mom?" he asked quietly.

Though the crackling of wood burning wouldn't allow anyone to hear him. Bright, red eyes flashed up at him.

Blood dripping down her chin, red eyes twinkling with flames, fangs bared, and tongue running through her teeth. The female vampire hissed.

Namjoon looked down at his mother's body. He fell down onto his knees. He couldn't believe it. Even his mother, a great vampire hunter, couldn't protect herself or her baby.

"Do you want to die?" she asked.

Namjoon looked up. His vision was blurry with his tears. He shook his head.

She smiled and extended her hand. "Then come with me. I'll make sure you're safe, unlike your mother."

He took her hand, but he would never forget the smile she had on her face.