four

Namjoon originally thought Mina was an evil and horrible woman. She killed his mother and turned him into half-vampire.

But Mina wasn't a horrible person. She was looking out for her daughter and herself and Marcy, their maid. Mina didn't have a husband. He was killed by vampire hunters.

Even though Namjoon befriended Nana, he couldn't forgive Mina. Mina even killed his baby sister. Namjoon's mother taught him as much as she could for a young boy who was only ten.

He didn't know everything about hunting, but he knew enough.

"Hey," Nana whispered as she leaned on the frame of the door. "My mom's not here right now. You wanna talk about some things?"

Namjoon looked up from reading a thick book. He closed the book and set it down on his bedside.

"What type of things?" Namjoon asked.

"About you not liking my mom," Nana casually said as she walked to him and sat down on the bed. "It's obvious for me. I'm not sure about my mom though. She's smart, but she'll never understand how young minds work. What'd she do to you anyway? Besides turning you half-vampire."

"I don't want to talk about it," Namjoon said, snatching his book and opening it again.

He didn't know where he left off, but he picked a random spot. He didn't even remember what he already read. Nana watched as he struggled to find where he left off.

"Hey, hey," she whispered, placing her hand on his left breast. "Calm down," she gently said. "Your heart is beating like crazy. We don't have to talk about it. I'm sorry I asked. If you want to come down for dinner tonight, Marcy can make you pasta."

He nodded. "I'm not hungry, but thank you."

Nana smiled as she stood up. "No problem. We're friends."