Chapter 1 : Your Arrival

As you walk down the dimly lit road you notice a familiar neon glow ahead.

"He's still open?" you think to yourself. You continue walking until you find yourself in front of the vaguely familiar diner.

As you admire the chock'lit shoppe you hear the faint sound of rain in the distance.

"ugh..." You sighed. "Better go in." you thought to yourself. 

You take a deep breath and tuck a loose strand of hair behind your ear. You brace yourself and prepare to walk in. 

"Y/N?" you hear as you step in.  "Oh my goodness it is you!" you look towards the voice, it's Pop.

"hey Pop" you say as you smile meekly. 

"Why, I haven't seen you since you were just a young girl..." He smiles kindly at you.

"yeah..." you respond shyly. You shift your weight from leg to leg feeling rather awkward.

Since you left the town with your parents when you were only 6, you have a vague memory of the diner. Just as you're trying to remember he interrupts:

"Well, what can I get for you?"

You look outside at the now downpour. You were hoping to leave, but don't want to get sick.

"I'll have some fries if you don't mind" you politely smile and reach for your wallet. Pop interrupts you, "nonsense Y/N, they're on the house." You smile at his act of kindness and find yourself an empty booth with your back towards the entrance. 

After Pop brings you your fries (and a surprise strawberry milkshake) the bell rings, you turn around to see who entered the diner. 

As you lay your eyes on him your heart leaps.