Chapter 7 : Time at Pop's

Y/N POV

As I enter the diner Veronica meets me as she collects the milkshakes for her and Betty. I follow her, she sits beside Betty who's sitting beside Archie who's next to the wall. Accross from them sits Jughead alone. I stand in the aisle feeling rather awkward. Veronica looks at me and signals for me to sit down. I give her my best 'are you serious' look and she nods. I finally sit down and Jughead doesn't bother to look up from his laptop.

I scooch toward the end of the booth closest to the aisle to try and put as much space between us as possible. Pop drops off Jugheads burger and Archie's fries who he shares with Veronica and Betty (probably not by choice.)

I look around trying to calm my nerves and Veronica decides to take out some homework, thank god.

I try to ignore Jughead the best I can manage and start with Veronica's math homework.

JUGHEAD'S POV

As she walks in I can't help but stare. Her Y/H/C shines bright in the familiar neon glow of the diner. She seems tense and Veronica brings her over to the table. I look away quickly before she notices and continue on my novel.

Veronica sits down and out of the corner of my eye I see Y/N standing awkwardly at the end of the booth. 

Do I stink that bad?

When she finally sits down she tries to move as far away as possible from me, probably trying to be discreete but failing miserably. 

Veronica pulls out some homework that she needs help with and Y/N gets to work trying to explain what the equations mean and how to use them.

Pop walks over with a milkshake for Y/N and she looks up confused. By then I tuned all audio out and focused on the sound of my typing but by Veronica's expression I'm assuming she got it for her.

***

Y/N POV

"Well, this was really fun" I smile standing up and looking at the clock.

Clock reads : 8:24

"It's pretty late and I should probably get going..." 

Archie pretends to pout and Veronica stands up to hug me.

"Hey Y/N, I still have some English homework that I could really use some help with. Since Betty has to leave and the boys are useless I was hoping you could stay and help...?" Veronica smiles sweetly holding my hands.

"I mean it's getting pretty late..." I sigh and sit back down.

"But I guess I could stay a little longer." I smile trying to stifle a yawn. I sit back down beside Jughead and automatically start on the work.

JUGHEAD'S POV

I smile to myself knowing she won't be leaving tonight. I continue typing on my laptop and notice Y/N trying not to fall asleep. Veronica and I share a look and she winks at me. 

After about another hour Y/N finally gives in and lays her head on my shoulder, quickly falling victim to sleep.

Veronica looks at me and giggles. 

"Oh shut it." I tell her trying not to move too much. I look down at the sleeping beauty and my heart leaps. 

God is she beautiful... She looks so at peace compared to when she's awake.

"Juggie." Veronica says and I look up. "You love her don't you..." I look back down at Y/N and sigh."

"I don't know Veronica, I don't know what I'm feeling."

Veronica smiles sympathetically and Archie chuckles.

"Hey Jug, I don't know what you're gonna do but uh" I look up at Archie confused "she's completely passed out dude. She's not waking up anytime soon."

Veronica and Archie share a look and chuckle. I look down at Y/N again and smirk.

"I don't think I mind."

"Awwwwwwwe" Veronica smiles and gets up "well I have to get going but TTFN! Text if you need a hand" She waves and walks out with Archie.

I return to my typing occasionally glancing down at her to see if she's still asleep.

***

After about another hour and a half she shifts and starts waking up. She sits up and looks around, a tear running down her face.

"hm?" she looks around rubbing her eyes. "Oh uh..." She looks at me and quickly stands up.

Y/N POV

I wake up in an unfamiliar environment. My head was resting on the warmest pillow I've ever felt and I sit up rather confused. I look around and realize I'm at Pop's. I look beside me to investigate the pillow and jump up. It's him. I stutter and grab my stuff. 

"s-sorry..." I look for my coat and realize I forgot one. "I should get going..."

"yeah, sure." Jughead nods and I quickly rush out into the freezing night.

***

I make it home and when I open my door what I see in front of me makes my heart drop.