1: A crown and A king

A/N: things will be a few years off to accommodate the story. For example The Borgia family will be in power and ages ,birthdates and years will be altered.

Catherine of Aragon's marriage to Henry VIII happened earlier as did the death of his brother.
Anne Boleyn and Henry VIII were married 1530-1533

The Vatican, Rome 1533Julianna  The sun shown down beautifully on the Vatican City that day

Julianna
The sun shown down beautifully on the Vatican City that day. Laying on a great grassy hill under a giant oak tree on a blanket was an amazing way to spend my day. It was absolutely beautiful and what made it even better was laying here with with the love of my life. Andres was a boy I had known since childhood and it was only a year ago that we grew to love each other. Andres was a sweet man and the son of a fairly wealthy merchant and a heiress. Despite sounding wealthy they only had a small fortune and sadly were mostly unnoticed by the wealthiest families of the Vatican City.

But regardless of his family I love him for who he is. I knew him from the days of my childhood and a time before my father became pope. He was the man I wanted to spend the rest of my days with. I want to be the mother of his children and look after his household.

"I want to ask the holy father for your hand in marriage." He turns to face me and takes my smooth hands in his rough ones and smiles sweetly and yet with a hint of sadness.

Neither of us knew if my father would even accept his proposal. Andres wasn't from the wealthiest of families or even the most influential. But he would treat me right and with him I'd never have a care or need in the world. But this was a simply no more than a fantasy, my father had greater ambitions for me than to be the wife of a lowly merchant.

"And if the my holy father says no?" But I knew his response. He loved me ever so deeply but my father was the pope and would want only the best for his children. That would include not only in life but in marriage as well. Although Andres was so determined to marry me, my father would never although a marriage to a man below my station no matter how I loved him.

"Then we can run away! We go to Spain or to France! We change our names and live out the rest of our lives together!" He stands exasperated, but he stops when he sees my eyes avoiding his.

"Why are you so afraid my love?" Andres bends down on his knees and lifts my chin to see the tears pooling in my eyes.

"Because.....because I know that my father will never allow us to be happy together! Marrying you in his eyes would be marrying bellow my station!" He recoiled at my confession and frowned deeply knowing deep down that I was right. He stood solemnly and silently and with a solemn and stern face, he bows stiffly and starts down the hill.

I call out his name in a hurt cry, before the tears that threatened to spill finally spilled over. No doubt when my father learned of this he'd send me away to marry a man I could never love.

Not in the way that I could ever love Andres.
————————————————————————

Pope Alexander, The Vatican

Amazing, Anne Boleyn was dead at last. Beheaded on charges of adulatory and incest. The pope smiles as he reads the letter from his spies. He'd sent a letter to King Henry VIII when he'd first received word of the Queens imprisonment. If he were to go in search of a new bride, and the pope knew he would; he offered up a bride in the place of his discarded queen.

If his daughter could be placed on the English Throne there is no limit to the power he would hold. His daughter would be a queen and might even bring England back to Catholicism. Although he had two beautiful daughters he knew exactly which daughter would be the best queen.

His eldest daughter Julianna Borgia.....