Chapter 2

Edd frowned when neither of his friends responded to his frantic texts. It was beginning to make him panic! So he finally parted with his little artist station and rushed to his front door. He frantically grabbed his set of keys from the key hook and slammed open his door. On his way out he waved to his confused cat and rushed to the apartment across from him, which belonged to Matt. Then with a few fumbles of key espionage, he rushed into the apartment. Despite its self loving and bright decorating, the feeling of the place was the complete opposite. So with his panic rising, the animator rushed past the sculpture fountain and room of self loving, inspired photos; then to Matt's bedroom door.
          He put his ear to the door with a bite of his lip, all he heard was whimpers and whines. That was enough to encourage Edd to at least  knock on the door.

          "Matt?" Edd called out to his friend softly.

          "What!"

          "Can I come in?"

          "No you may not!" Matt attempted to huff through his sniffles, but Edd knew he was the equivalent of a high school girl.

          "Alright," Edd mumbled as he opened the door with cheeks full of air. Upon opening it, he caught sight of Matt curled up on the edge of the bed. For once, all the mirrors weren't even in sight. The one on his wall was covered with a blanket, all his hand mirrors were flipped over, and any other mirror he had was probably tucked away in some drawer.

          "Hey Matt," Edd greeted the crying male, slowly walking over to his side.

          "Watch out Edd, I'm a commie that blows up your house FOR A STUPID HUNK OF METAL!" Matt's screech was that of an injured pterodactyl that just lost it's babies. It even took Edd back for a bit, shocked at the sudden raise and anger from the saddened egomaniac.

          "Matt, you aren't like h i m. You haven't done anything wrong! He's just being a jerk again." Edd assured as he sat next to Matt, gently rubbing his shoulder to soothe him.

          "Timothy seems to think completely different," Matt countered with a sniffle, raising his head slightly.

          "For all we know that is the beer's filter Matt."

          "Exactly, for all we know."

          "Matt what do you think, you've done?"

          "I don't know Edd," Matt mumbled as he wiped his tears with his sleeve.

          "Well let me tell you what I know," Edd began, giving Matt a soft smile. "You worded something weirdly to a stressed out friend. The friend can't think right, so he takes his anger out on.... a handsome dev- angel!" Edd corrected himself just in time, finishing it with a confident smile.

          "R-really?"

          "Yes, really," Edd assured with a nice hug that made it impossible for Matt to continue frowning.

          "Th-thanks Edd," Matt eventually succumbed to his friend's kindness and hugged him back with a weary smile.

          Edd stayed in that position for a while before he finally realized his exhausted friend had fallen asleep. So with a smile, he got his friend all laid down and tucked into his bed. Uncovering and setting back out all his mirrors on his way out.

          "Now time to get that apology," Edd muttered as he exited and locked Matt's apartment door. Despite being relieved of the worry about Matt, he still felt like a dumbbell was set on his shoulders. It has become a familiar feeling as of late. He knew why that was, and it was one of the few things he loathed. So, he headed towards Tom apartment with heavy feet. His hand rested on that door knob for an eternity before he finally cautiously opened the door to Tom's apartment. The trio each had one copy to the other's apartment. It was suggested by a paranoid Edd worried that an emergency would happen and they needed quick access to each other's apartments. But Tom knew that was a sugarcoat for Edd just wanting to be able to check up on him at any moment. Luckily, he wasn't met with some sort of crime scene and instead; a grim one.
           In the twenty minutes of Edd visiting Matt and calming down the crying narcissist, Tom already went through a whole two packs of beer.  The bottles were scattered throughout the apartment and a half asleep Tom laid on the couch. His eyes were peacefully closed as he lazily strummed his re-pieced guitar. Every note was off and the humming Tom accompanied it with was similar a pubescent teen's. Much to Edd's greater misfortune, all the squeaks and horrible screeches were to loud for Tom to even hear his door open. Then again, it was somewhat clear to Edd that he was so out of it.

           "Tom?" Edd called out to the drunk man.

           "Hmmmm," Tom replied, not bothering to even open his mouth.

           "Whatcha doing?"

           "Playing," Tom hummed.

           "Just tha-" Edd was interrupted as Tom finally looked over to him. His drunk smile dropping to a frown.

          "Matt doing alright?"

          "Now he is, but you should apologize Tom."

          "What's the point?" The man grumbled as he rubbed his forehead, setting down the guitar.

          "He's your friend!"

          "Then why verbally apologize-"

          "For the love of Cola Tom!" Edd snapped again, narrowing his eyes at his friend. He didn't even wait for Tom to resume his talk before going over to the couch, looking over the back to stare at Tom. "He is just happy you'll be stepping out of the apartment complex and actually spend time with your for once in an eternity!" Edd finished, leaning in to stare into dark pits that were shadowed by heavy circles. "Just please apologize to him tomorrow," He sighed as his look softened into sadness for his friend.

          "Why not now?"

          "Because I need you to sleep and not give a drunk apology. Wouldn't you want an apology from a well-slept, sober man rather than a drunk one?" Edd questioned, making Tom close his mouth and lay down, groaning in defeat. But Edd didn't leave, and if he did, Tom couldn't remember. The minute his friend cleaned up all the bottles, turned off the TV, and got a pillow under Tom's head; he was out like a light. The sight alone made Edd grin softly. His friend wss finally sleeping. Though it was with the help of alcohol, it was still sleep.