00. 911 Transcript

00
Prologue

LEVITTOWN'S EMERGENCY SERVICES

911 TRANSCRIPT7:05 p.m.

SEPTEMBER 5, 2018

DISPATCHER: Nine-one-one, what is your emergency?

CALLER: (muffled) I don't know.

DISPATCHER: You don't know? If you're in any kind of danger, you can tell us. We'll send help.

CALLER: (pause) I guess I'm scared.

DISPATCHER: Scared of what, honey? Can you give me your address?

CALLER: Scared of death... What happens after it?

DISPATCHER: Why are you thinking about death, honey? Are you thinking about hurting yourself?

CALLER: I just know I'm going to die today. It's just a matter of timea minute, an hour... any second now.

DISPATCHER: Can you give me your address, honey? We'll send help, just stay calm.

CALLER: I can't. I'm not calling for help.

DISPATCHER: (pause) Can you at least give me your name?

CALLER: Melody.

DISPATCHER: What's your last name, Melody?

CALLER: I can't tell you. If I do, you're going to send help and I don't want that.

DISPATCHER: Melody, if you're thinking about hurting yourself, just breathe for a second, think about it. I'll stay on the phone with you until you calm down.

CALLER: (breathing) But I am calm. (laughing) You know, you keep calling me 'honey' when I'm anything but sweet... It's kind of ironic.

DISPATCHER: Sweetheart—can I call you that?—you sound like a sweet girl to me. From the sound of your voice, I can tell that you're young and confused. Life is complicated, but—

CALLER: Someone's in the house with me. I can hear them close by.

DISPATCHER: Melody, listen to me very carefully. Try to exit the house in any way you can and if there's something in there you could use to defend yourself, grab it.

CALLER: (sobbing) I can't, I

(sound of movement)

DISPATCHER: I located your address by using your phone's tracker. Help is on the way, honey. Stay with me on the phone and do as I say.

CALLER: It's too late. They're coming. (unintelligible) ...there's an evil in Levittown. (louder) I want everyone to know it exists, that it's real. You'll all die, just like me, if you don't do anything about it.

(sound of struggle)

DISPATCHER: What's happening? Melody? Melody? Help is on the way, just—

(call ended)

•Word count: 372•

•Word count: 372•

Dedicated to Eastwards for her endless support, her friendship, and the amazing cover she made for this story. Her cover will serve as the main one pretty soon!

Feel free to correct any grammatical errors, but be kind about it. Tell me what you think of this Prologue.

If you like the chapter:

vote, comment, share.

Show me love ♡ Next chapter out soon.