14. Trigger of condemnation (i)

LEVITTOWN TODAY

NEW INFORMATION ABOUT MELODY TRYNISKI'S MURDER, FIFTEEN DAYS AFTER THE EVENT

September 21, 2018

Written by Ann Lee

LEVITTOWN, Utah. - On September five of this year, tragedy struck Levittown: the body of seventeen-year-old Melody Tryniski was found dead in her own room, surrounded by a pool of her own blood. Fifteen days ago, the town was kept in the dark while precise details of her death were kept secret among the officials leading this case. One of the rumors that circulated among peers and townspeople alike was that it might have been a suicide. However, due to the brutally beaten state of her body and the disorganized scene of the incident, officials leading the investigation were beginning to stray from the original theory.

Investigators want to be careful when it comes to these types of cases, in which murder is the prime theory. Perhaps this is due to the fact that, ten years ago, American serial killer W.S. went around town and killed twenty-five African American women in the span of two months. Detective Ellis, official leading this investigation, said, "When it comes to murder, we have to be prepared. We let it happen ten years ago, but we won't do it again. Whoever did this to Ms. Tryniski is going to be found. 2008 will not repeat itself."

A few days ago, Forensic evidence came to the possession of the detectives in charge of what is now considered The Tryniski Case. In it, there are details about the cause of death and proof of the possibility of murder. Based on this Forensic report, detectives have formulated their first reconstruction of what might've happened that night. In this special edition article of LEVITTOWN TODAY, we're going to provide all that relates to Melody's murder in extensive detail. These details are gruesome and not for the faint of heart.

Created scenario

The assailant came to the Tryniski residence between the hours of seven-oh-five and seven-thirty, presumably through the front door (which was intentionally left open by Ms. Tryniski herself, so that her friend could enter with ease). After the assailant entered, he made sure not to make much noise, probably hearing Ms. Tryniski's voice up in her room. By this time, she should have been talking on the phone with a nine-one-one operator, regarding what was about to happen to her.

The assailant then began to ascend the stairs, this time making noise to either inform her of his presence or scare her (this was presumed after hearing the nine-one-one recording of Ms. Tryniski's conversation). If it was because of the former, then it can be concluded that he was someone she knew.

Once the assailant was inside her room, completely visible to Ms. Tryniski, there was probably a physical altercation between the two for the phone. Since the call came to an abrupt stop, we can assume that he gained possession of it. Ms. Tryniski then tried to escape her assailant's violent grip by running to the other side of the room, where she was probably grabbed by the neck and hustled through the surface of her vanity, dropping all of her belongings to the floor. Her head then collided with the vanity's mirror, breaking it in the process and resulting in head trauma.

While being strangled, Ms. Tryniski scratched her assailant on an area around his torso, ripping away a piece of his cotton, black shirt. The assailant was careful to not let her touch his skin (there was no skin residue under her nails while her body was being tested by Forensics, only some broken nails from the struggle). After she struggled for some time, he let go of her neck. Ms. Tryniski must have been gasping for air by this point, so he took advantage of the situation by grabbing her by the shoulder and punching her on the stomach.