Chapter Fifty Seven

Veronica's POV

"These are some really good ideas. But I can't choose one because I like all of them." I said as I looked at our ideas.
"Why don't you just do all of them?" Maya suggests.
"That's a good idea. But how?" I asked laying them on the table.
"Well, we should save the photo shoot for last. Unless you want to take a before and after. That way we can see his reaction with everything else." She says sliding the picture up.
"What if we do the cookies, but we don't put the due date. We just put the month we think on them." I said putting it first.
"That's a good idea. Then, you could do the tea with the cookies, and finally use the pregnancy test note with the photo shoot." Maya says smiling.
"I can't wait to see Liam's reaction when he sees this?" I explained.
"See my reaction on what?" Liam asks walking into the kitchen.
"See your reaction on a tattoo that we want to get." Maya says quickly as I grabbed the papers.
"I thought you were scared of needles love." Liam says putting an arm around me.
"I am, but Maya wants to get a friendship tattoo with me." I said.
"What kind of tattoo are you guys thinking about getting then?" He asks.
"Matching ones on our sides that says Best Friends." Maya says.
"I'm gonna have to come with you then. That way I can see Veronica's reaction." Liam says smirking.
"What're you doing today Liam?" I ask hoping to change the subject.
"I'm gonna be heading to the studio with the lads to finish a few songs. I should be back around 4:30." He says.
"Ok. If anything changes let me know." I said moving the papers.
"Are you trying to get rid of me already?" Liam asks chuckling.
"No, Veronica and I are gonna be having a girls day." Maya says.
"Oh ok. Well, I'll see you later Veronica. Oh, and I'll bring a pizza with me." He says before leaving.
"That was a close one." I said slumping back further into my seat.
"Wanna go shopping to get the things we need?" Maya asks.
"Yeah. I think I'm gonna have someone get me a 'We're Pregnant' sign. I want Liam and I to be able to tell people." I explained as we got ready to leave.
"Yeah I think that's a good idea. But, where are you going to hide everything though?" She asks.
"Probably downstairs in the basement. Liam doesn't go down their unless it's a holiday." I explained.
As we got to the car, I texted my neighbor Jessica if she could pick up the sign and stash it at her house till I got back. When she said that she would, I was relieved.
"What shop do we wanna go to first?" Maya asks starting up her car.
"Tea store. Liam's favorite kind of tea cups are there." I say as I give her the directions.

Liam's POV

As I was about to head off to the studio, I overheard Veronica talking to someone. So, I went to the kitchen to see who she was talking to.
When I got closer, I could tell by the voice that it was Maya. A girl that Veronica and I met when we first moved into this house. As I got closer, I could hear them talking about something.
"I can't wait to see Liam's reaction when he sees this?" Veronica explains.
"See my reaction on what?" I ask walking into the kitchen.
"See your reaction on a tattoo that we want to get." Maya says quickly.
"I thought you were scared of needles love." Liam says putting an arm around me.
"I am, but Maya wants to get a friendship tattoo with me." Veronica says.
"What kind of tattoo are you guys thinking about getting then?" I ask curiously.
"Matching ones on our sides that says Best Friends." Maya explained.
"I'm gonna have to come with you then. That way I can see Veronica's reaction." I say smirking evilly.
"What're you doing today Liam?" Veronica asks.
"I'm gonna be heading to the studio with the guys to finish a few songs. I should be back around 4:30." I say.
"Ok. If anything changes let me know." Veronica said moving something.
"Are you trying to get rid of me already?" I ask chuckling.
"No, Veronica and I are gonna be having a girls day." Maya says.
"Oh ok. Well, I'll see you later Veronica. Oh, and I'll bring a pizza with me." I said before I left.
I knew that she was up to something. And I need some help from the lads to do just the investigation.

At The Studio

"Hey Liam, what took you so long?" Harry asks as I walked through the door.
"Sorry, Veronica and Maya were quite a distraction this morning." I explained with a chuckle.
"What do you mean?" Niall asks drinking some water.
"When I was about to leave, I heard Veronica talking to someone in the kitchen. So, I went out there to see who it was. Next thing I know, I hear them talking about how they couldn't wait to see my reaction on something." I explained.
"Maybe it's not that important. Like she's getting you something for your birthday." Niall says.
"I doubt it. My birthday isn't for another two months." I said sitting down.
"Like Niall said, it's probably nothing to important." Harry says.
"Guys, they need you in the sound booth." Paul said as he walked into the room.
"Thanks Paul." Harry says as him and Niall race out of the room.
"Louis, can I ask you something?" I asked as we walked down the hall.

"Of course you can. What's on your mind?" He asks.
"I can't stop thinking about what I heard Veronica and Maya say this morning. What do you honestly think she could be hiding?" I asked.
"Honestly? It could be something minor. But if you want, I can help you figure it out." He says.
"I'd like that." I said as we got to the sound area.
"What took you guys so long?" Harry asks once we walked in.
"We were talking about how I needed a workout partner later." Louis says.
"I thought I was your partner." Niall says looking confused.
"You are, I just need ideas from Liam that you wouldn't understand." Louis explains.
Before Niall could say anything, our song producer Josh interrupted.
"Guys, what're you doing? Get in there." He says motioning to the door.
"This is gonna be a long day." I muttered getting in.

Veronica's POV

After Maya and I finished shopping around for the things we needed, I decided to get started. Maya left about an hour after we got back. Her mum needed her help with watching her younger cousins since her aunt was out of town.
When I finished up with the tea cup, I went next door to get the sign from my neighbor Jessica. When I got back, I saw that Liam would be back in about ten minutes. So, I took all the baby stuff downstairs.
"Hopefully he won't see this stuff behind our boxes." I said to myself as I hid them behind an old tote.
"Veronica, I'm home. Where are you?" Liam asked from the kitchen.
"Downstairs Liam. I was looking for a book." I said from halfway up the stairs.
"What book where you looking for down there?" He asks grabbing the plates.
"A cookbook that my mum gave me. I might of brought it up here though. I couldn't find it anyways." I said as I sit down.
"Hey, is it ok it the lads come over? We want to finish up one of our songs." He says putting the food and plates in front of us.
"Yeah sure. You don't need to ask that, they're always over anyhow." I explained as I point to their piles of clothes.
"You got a point. They're gonna be over later tonight." He said kissing my cheek.
"I'll be downstairs anyways. I'm gonna look around some more for the book." I said after I finished eating. Liam nodded as I went back downstairs to find a different spot for the baby things.