C H A P T E R 3 2_

(song above dedicated to Thor Odinson)

PIETRO:

"How's the pilot duty going?" I ask as I peer at the door and see soldiers making their way to us.

"So far so good," Barton replies. "How's the guard duty going?"

I bring out my blades before I leap from my place and down the hall, everything slowing as I enter the phantom zone, stepping onto the wall once so I can maneuver beside a Chitauri, throwing out my arm and slicing right through his armor, his fles...

I bring out my blades before I leap from my place and down the hall, everything slowing as I enter the phantom zone, stepping onto the wall once so I can maneuver beside a Chitauri, throwing out my arm and slicing right through his armor, his flesh breaking apart like rubber strands as my blade moves right through him. I step onto the floor and to his partner behind him, throwing my fist up so that it smashes against his face and the blade breaks it apart, his body bending back so that it will fall to the ground when I speed things up. I leap forward and stick my foot out to slam against the stomach of another before going down the line on my right, slicing off his friend's arm before moving along the wall and jumping on top of another, my fist against his chest as the blade runs through his rib cage, slamming him down to the floor before I pull out my weapon, the lavender blood slinging through the air before I run forward, bending down to lop off a leg of one before standing up and stab through another's throat, spinning and lopping off the hands of the gunman beside him. I then leap through the air to the last two, my feet landing on the first one's torso as I ride him downwards, swinging my arm across the air and slicing off the other's head when I give a battle cry, the pieces of his blood and flesh flying through the air at slow motion. I finally do a roll one the ground and stand up, looking back over at the army I just slaughtered when they all fall to the ground either dead or with fatal wounds.

"So far," I click my blades back in, "so good."

FANDRAL:

"Move aside and let me do it!" Volstagg says as I fumble with the controls to Nebula's airship.

"Absolutely not. Do I need to remind you of the one time you piloted our airboat through Niffleheim?" I tell him with raised brows.

"That was Loki's fault!"

"Both of you move aside," Hogun insists and looks everything over, figuring it out immediately and getting the engines started.

"See? That was easy?" Volstagg says with a lifted chin.

"You're saying that as if you did something," I scoff.

He rolls his eyes but that's when I hear a female grunt and I look out to see Sif struggling with the last guard as her sword is currently impaling the first one to the ground. His weapon has her in a headlock so I take out my crossbow and fire a shot that sticks into its neck at just the right moment. As it drops she glares at me. "I had that completely under control!"