Afterthoughts: Dimitar Kostadinov Chomakov

Oh, how foolish of me! This young lad, the young boy wonder... how could I have ignored him and even insulted him throughout all this time!

The young, silent boy who never bothered to answer back at me even after all the name-calling I did—oh, how I called him Spud Mister Potato Head for not doing well in class, not realizing how mentally crippled he was! Just the moment of truth—card-giving day felt like the last straw for him. He didn't show up in class after that, and this took on like... several days—and our teacher did not like what we did... no, not one bit.

Then, December was the boy's comeback... and our adviser became more and more vigilant with us, knowing very well how we treated his student. Oh, how tough this went down—even my class president felt so ashamed not looking after him. Finally...

...the contest, The Golden Sculptor 2022. He dazzled me with his creation—the dove of peace, uniting the world in harmony. THAT POWERFUL MESSAGE!

Oh, those days after that, after my apology, I decided not to bother him any longer... I FEEL SO ASHAMED I DON'T EVEN WANT TO TALK TO HIM! The rest of the year, I wanted to distance myself to atone for my gravest mistake, but this lad wanted to reach out to me anyway. OH, THANK YOU, EVEN IF I DON'T REALLY DESERVE IT!

Molchan Matobatovich Miroshnichenko, can you see this post? I'm so, so very sorry! I really didn't want to bother talking to you because of my own action. I'm sorry I didn't get to give you a proper farewell and a proper friendship. I'm so, so sorry for calling you Spud Mister Potato Head just because of your failures.

Oh, forgive me for being so harsh! It really feels like I couldn't forgive myself. But I do need to let myself go.

I'm sorry! I'm so, so sorry for hurting you so much!

Please be safe, wherever you go, Molchan! I promise, I'll be a better friend once you return someday.