31. "not that obvious"

"Friends." Wether she liked it or not, the word kept replaying over and over again in her head. Wether she liked it or not, it bothered her, it gave her some sort of feeling that she couldn't describe. She knew she shouldn't feel like this and and it shouldn't be bothering her, but for some reason it was.

"It really shouldn't affect me at all, it's not like we're more than friends." Illianna was sat on the couch in her Atlanta apartment trying to explain to her best friend how she felt after reading the message Tom had sent not too long ago. "I know, but you guys act like you are, everyone knows that." Evelyn said to her, trying her best to make Illianna feel the littlest bit better. "But do you want to be more than friends?"

Illianna sighed, laying her head back on the couch. She didn't know how to answer the question, a question that she has been avoiding ever since she started talking to the boy. "I don't know. I mean I like him, but we've built and really great friendship and I wouldn't wanna ruin it, ya know?"

Evelyn nodded, "I understand, I think you should just take it by day, don't worry over a text that he probably didn't even realize he was sending." Evelyn was right and always knew what to say, but even she knew Illianna would probably still overthink things. "Yeah I know" Illianna agreed, "I can't let me being stupid and dramatic ruin our relationship."

"And you can clearly tell he likes you Illi."

Illianna gave Eve a weird look and furrowed her eyebrows, making Eve roll her eyes at the dumbfounded girl. "Give it up, even you know he does" she said, "it's quite obvious honestly." Illianna had to bite her cheek to hid back her smile, she knew Tom liked talking to her, and showed her affection but didn't ever think about it too seriously. "It's not that obvious." Illianna laughed, reviving a 'do you think im dumb' look from Evelyn, making her laugh even more.

"Whatever you say."

The girls were interrupted by a loud fake cough, they turned their heads to see Sam leaning on the doorframe, still in his pyjamas. "Yes?" Illianna raised her eyebrows at her brother. "What're you guys talking about?"

"Illiannas is trying to tell me that it's not obvious that Tom likes her" Evelyn told him. "We all know he does." Sam joined them on the couch, sprawling his legs across Eve. Over the years Sam and Evelyn have grown a close relationship, Illi and Eve have been best friends since they were 5 and Eve basically lived at their house. At one point they hated each other, then she developed a crush when she was 13. Now Evelyn is just like another sister to Sam.

"That's what I've been saying!" Eve and Sam continued to explain all the reasons why they think Tom likes her more than a friend, Illianna only half listening to them, agreeing when she thought she should. As usual, Illianna was starting to overthink the entire situation. What they were saying was true but there was a part of her that thought it could all just be an act, that he doesn't even want to be friends with her.

"What are we gonna do today? It's my only full day off while you're here Sam" Illianna asked, trying to change the subject. Eve and Sam both looked at each other "let's just go to the mall or something and come back here later and have a movie night" Eve shurgged.

They all agreed on the idea which was unusual because there was usually an argument when the group tried to make plans. An argument that would normally ended with one person getting ruled out and threatening to not go, that person normally being Sam. "I'll take my camera in case we see any cool place on the way" Sam hopped off the couch to go get ready, the two girls slowly following behind.

|

Liked by evelyngrace, tomholland, and 590, 562 others@illiannabrown: this is what my day off has come to 😴 #movienightTagged: @evelyngrace, @sambrown |View all comments

@illiannabrown: this is what my day off has come to 😴 #movienight
Tagged: @evelyngrace, @sambrown
|
View all comments

@username: fashion icon

@username: cutie

@username: FAV TRIO

@username: imagine still looking good while wearing THAT

@username: can't relate @username

@evelyngrace: EW i hate this

@username: stoP UR SUCH A BABE @evelyngrace

@username: sam must've said something funny

@username: woah illi talking about something other than tom

@sambrown: woah i look good in this 🤤

@username: HAHAH SAM

@illiannabrown: i agree @sambrown

@username: illianna is prob making them watch Spider-Man

@username: or sams making them watch the notebook @username

@tomholland: where's my invite??

@zendaya: and mine??

@username: tom always making an appearance

@username: ♥️♥️♥️♥️

@username: tomdaya forever cancelled

@illiannabrown: tom ur not invited but daya u can come😘 @tomholland @zendaya

sooooo i tried something a little different for this chapter, tell me if u like it or not and give me ur feedback pls :))