37. "rematch"

Normally after a long day on set Illianna wouldn't do much. She would come home and lay on the couch for the rest of the evening, or maybe take a long hot bath. Normally.

Today on the other hand was different. Her brother was soon heading back to LA and he didn't want to spend one of his last days in Atlanta lazing around on the couch and being in bed before 10pm. Although he did enjoy that sometimes, he wanted him and his friends to have a good time together and maybe stay awake past midnight.

Illianna, Eve, Sam, Joe, and Dacre all sat around the table in Illiannas apartment, uno cards in their hands and their alcoholic beverage of choice in reach. This was their version of a "wild night", drunkenly playing games and dying of laughter at one another, they'd all rather drink in a small group than go out to a big party every weekend.

"That's the fourth game in a row!" Illianna exclaimed throwing her hands in the air "drink up bitches."

Everyone began to laugh at her, knowing how excited she really was because she usually never wins a game. "You're just lucky tonight" Dacre took a sip of his beer. Illianna replied with a sassy look, "if that's what helps you sleep at night."

The night went on, everyone was becoming more and more tipsy, more games of uno were played, Illianna accused Joe of cheating when she finally lost a game. Arguing with Illi when she was sober was hard, imagine her drunk, it was like an extreme sport.

"Illianna just accept your loss!"

"But I didn't lose, you cheated! There's a difference"

The bickering between the two went back and fourth for a while, the others were trying to help settle the argument but it wasn't going anywhere. "Guys just have a rematch" Sam suggested, even though he knew his little sister would never do such a thing.

"Or a dance battle!" Evelyn added, earning multiple eye rolls and groans from her friends. "No. We're going to settle this the right way." Illianna took out her phone and went to her contacts, confusing everyone, yet no one questioned her. She clicked on the name of someone who she knew would side with her, or hoped at least.

FaceTiming tom👅......

Illianna waited patiently, listening to the rings go through. Soon enough the tired boys face appeared on screen, but still smiled at the girl. "Oh shit did I wake you?" She worried "I'm so sorry, go back to sleep."

"No no no, you didn't don't worry" Tom replied, quickly realizing from the sound of her voice that she's had a few drinks. "What'd you need?"

"Ok so..." Illi began to explain everything in fine detail, Joe and the rest would cut in whenever they pleased. Tom listened intently, trying to make sense of her drunken words.

"He definitely cheated right?"

"I think you guys should just have a rematch." He knew how much she wanted him to take her side, and he would in a heartbeat just to make her happy and see her start to brag to her friends. But, he didn't want to make a bad first impression on people who he'd soon be spending time with. And he didn't really believe he cheated anyway.

"Tom no!"

"That's what I said!" Sam added. "Illi never does rematches" Dacre told Tom, making him chuckle "I should've known."

"Never have never will."

"I bet you will one day" Tom told her just to see what kind of reaction he'd get out of her. She shook her head and finished the last of her wine "I bet you I won't Tommy."

Illianna was always too stubborn to ever give into a rematch, she knew that, but she wouldn't admit it. She would alway just say "rematches are pointless" or "they're for pussies". Even though that wasn't always the case, you'd still never see her agree with anyone when they'd call her stubborn or hard headed.

"Ew they're flirting" Eve finished her drink and got up from the table "I'm going to bed." Evelyn knew she had to get out before she said something that would ruin the surprise. The boys weren't long until they all fell asleep in the living room while watching a rerun of a hockey game, leaving just Illianna up talking Toms ear off.

He didn't mind at all. He genuinely enjoyed talking to her, even if she wasn't fully in the right state of mind, she could still carry a normal conversation and would end up laughing at herself when she'd screw her sentences up. He liked when she would blush when he'd bring up something she said to him days before, and hearing her rant about something that annoyed her earlier in the day. He liked her.

Illianna eventually made her way into her room, still on FaceTime with Tom. She changed into her Pyjamas making sure not to reveal herself, even though she knew he wouldn't mind.

"Serious question" she took a makeup wipe and started to remove the little product she had on. Tom nodded, telling her to continue. "Are we ever gonna actually meet?"

Tom had to bite his lip, he heard the slightest bit of sadness her her voice that made him want to tell her then and there, but he didn't give in.

"Like I know we're both super busy and stuff but I-"

Tom cut her off. "Of course we're gonna meet Illi, we'll both be in LA soon enough."

Illianna smiled, the thought of meeting him, for real, gave her butterflies. "I'll see you then."

"I'll see if I can fit you in my schedule" he laughed, Illianna stuck her tongue out at him, knowing he wasn't serious. Tom would do whatever he could to make time for the girl, he wasn't so sure on why that was, but he was fine with it. And so was Illianna.

They stayed up talking for a while, neither of them minding how late it was starting to get. They talked about everything, from their favourite part of their days to what they dreamt of when they were kids. Illianna told him the story of how she thought she was going to marry Troy Bolton when she was 11, making Tom hype himself up for "stealing her heart."

Tom only had left for a few moments so he could use the bathroom. When he came back he found Illianna asleep, hair in her face and her lips slightly parted, giving it away that she wasn't faking. He smiled at the sight, it had to be one of the cutest things he's ever seen.