28. Bathtub Talks💫

Chapter 28💛

Hiya!!! Honestly this chapter isn't alat 💁🏽‍♀️ but I think it's something different, but still cute and good to read. And I'm sorry if it's all over the place in honestly writing this while going on 3 hours of sleep 💀.
———

Elena

"So what do you want to do, later on in life." His words spark me out of my day dream as I feel his wet hand trail my back.

"I want to go to school, but I don't know what for."

I grab a rag and a bar of soap, feeling the water slosh around us, but doesn't go far since we're in the nice roman styled bathtub. It was a very big tub; but, we still decided to be as close as humanly possible.

I begin to wash and scrub his chest, "And what about you?"

"...I don't know. No one has ever asked."

"What do you mean?"

"Well, everyone just expects me to WANT to follow in my dad's footsteps and take over the company, but I really don't want to." He looks down, trailed off in thought.

"Well I'm asking you now," I lift his chin up so he's forced to look at me, " you can tell me, doesn't matter what."

He nods his head and I let his chin go, continuing to wash his body. After a some minutes he speaks up again.

"I like traveling."

"Do you now?" I smile up at him and watch as he keeps pondering the question I asked earlier.

"Yes, a lot actually. I just like the idea of seeing new things."

"That's good, maybe that's what you could do." He chuckles at my response and my face furrows from confusion.

"Not laughing at you but, my dad would kill me if I even spoke of a profession I'm interested in, that's not business."

I lay my head on his soapy chest and listen to his breathing. He's trapped and can't do anything about it; I rub my hands along his arm and lay there, almost drifting off to sleep. He speaks, waking me up from my daze again.

"When we get back home, we should really discuss you going to college."

"What, why."

"Because it's something you want to do, something you should do."

"Ok well, money's tight right now and I don't even know what I want to go for." We sit in silence for a couple of minutes until he breaks it like always.

"Don't worry about the money, worry about what you want to go for. Are you not passionate about anything?"

"Well in high school, I was in photography for 3 years and I loved it so much."

"And what stopped you." He starts rubbing my back again and I just sit there while leaning into his touch.

"My grandma died senior year, well this year, and we had to pay for her funeral which put our family in a nice, small hole... She was amazing and feisty. She never wanted anyone to wait on her hand and foot, she did everything by herself. She was strong and beautiful."

It's silent for a while.

His breathing hitched and, "Tell me more about her."

"She had golden brown skin and squinty eyes that could see into you're soul if you were in trouble," I chuckle a little reminiscing on all the times I stumbled and broke something, receiving that scowl from her in return, "she spoiled us, but also taught us that we have to work for what we want and that not everything is handed to you. She was the only one that supported my photography dreams... and 3 days after graduation, she was on her way to my celebration and a drunk driver was on the road with her and-."

Before I know it, I'm crying again. Something I've noticed I do a lot, the familiar salt taste comes to no surprise as I lay against his chest.

"I just HAD to have that party that day, my mom kept telling me to wait bu-."

"Hey look at me," both of his hands were on each side of my face, forcing me to keep eye contact with him, "don't blame yourself for somethings some idiot did. It wasn't your fault princess, trust me I had to learn that the hard way."

He wipes the tears, that are slowly escaping, with his thumbs and kisses my lips softly.

"I'm truly sorry about you're grandmother. But maybe now you could go to school for photography, could keep her spirit alive in you're own special way."

"But money-."

"Listen to me, I may be young and dumb but I know one thing, that I'm deeply in love with you and I intend on marrying you some day."

I chuckle a little and look up to a smiling face.

"Oh I'm serious baby. So how about you just take a small 'loan' from us if you won't except the money."

"I don't know..."

"Come on, I cant have my future kids knowing that their mom could've been a famous photographer but their dad just sat there. Even though you're the one not accepting it."

I chuckle again and playfully hit him on his chest.

"Ok fine! I'll take the LOAN. I'll pay you ba-."

"Stop talking." And with that he pushes his lips against mine.

By time we finished our heated make out session, I had completely forgot what we were disagreeing about, but it's time to get out of the tub, we are beyond clean and more pruny than an actually prune and now it's time for bed.