Chapter 32

Omniscient
6 months later

Sighing as she closed her laptop, Lena rested her head on the table. She was trying her best to finish an assignment for school but her mind was focused on everything else.

Christmas was coming up so Maria August and her would be driving to Memphis tomorrow. Although she was excited to see her family, she was filled with anxiety.

She was finishing her assignments for school currently to get that off her plate, but the thought of being back in Memphis was scaring her. She hadn't told anyone because she didn't want to worry them, but she was dreading it.

She was scared that being back in that space would drag her back to a state of depression that she's been working so hard on keeping away.

"Babe, what you doing?" August asked walking into the kitchen.

She looked up at him seeing him bite into an apple with a confused face.

"I'm trying to finish this paper but I can't focus"

"Well take a break. Hazel was wondering when we all gonna hangout, maybe we can do that for a little then you can work on it again" he suggested.

Hazel was a friend of theirs they met through August's new job. He quit the construction job once he was offered a position at a new gym in the area.

While he was being trained he was introduced to Hazel who eventually became a friend. August introduced Lena to her and they instantly clicked surprisingly.

Growing up, Lena never connected with other people because of her complex and closed off nature. Hazel was different though and opened up a new side of Lena.

She was a free spirited person who helped Lena in a way no one else could. She was someone Lena could confide in and that was new to her.

"Yeah, I'll call her and set something up"

August nodded and started walking to the bedroom before pausing.

"Woah.... I just thought of something perfect"

"What?"

"You know Trav been looking for a relationship? What if we invited him too?"

About two months ago Travis moved to Atlanta near them and things were going great. August was more than happy to have family here with them.

"Hmm.. you know, that isn't a bad idea. You call him, I'll call Hazel"

"Aight babe"

Lena took a deep breath before dialing Hazel's number.

"Hello?"

"Hey girl. So August and I were thinking of doing something before we leave tomorrow. You want to?"

"Of course! Let's go bowling!"

Lena laughed at her enthusiasm before agreeing. They set a time and hung up. Lena informed August of the plans so he could invite Trav as well.

"Come lay wit me"

Lena smiled before climbing into bed with him laying her head on his chest. Things had honestly been a little hard for the two.

With Lena struggling to manage school and Maria to August juggling his new job and bills, it was hard to have moments of peace.

The love would never fade between them, but Lena wondered if they were growing the way she wanted them to. She never wanted their love to feel stagnant.