Chapter 33

Omniscient

After a long morning of driving, they were all finally in Memphis. Christmas wasn't for a few days, but they wanted to spend the week with their family.

"Le, we're here" August said slightly tapping her.

"Hmm" She mumbled opening her eyes slowly. She slept for most of the ride hoping to cure her slight hangover.

"I'm gonna go inside and let dad know" Maria said from the back seat.

"Come on baybeh, let's go inside" August said as he unbuckled his seat belt and got out.

She stretched slightly before doing the same and following him inside.

Right when she walked in she smiled as she spotted her father.

"Daddy" she said smiling walking over to him.

"Hey sweet heart" he replied opening his arms for a hug which she gladly gave.

"I've missed you" She said into his shoulder as she continued hugging him.

"I've missed you too babydoll. All of you" he said towards everyone.

She smiled breaking away from the hug. She felt much better being reunited with him, she just wished one day she could bring him out of Memphis.

"When's Jalen coming over?" Maria asked.

"He should be here soon. He had work this morning but he's off now"

It seemed as if right when he finished talking the door opened and closed.

Jalen walked in a smiled as Maria and Lena ran for a hug.

"I missed y'all too" he said laughing at the reaction given.

"Wassup bruh?" August asked dapping him up.

"Hey man. How's everything in Atlanta?"

"Great! You should come visit"

"I might have to take you up on that offer"

After getting reacquainted, they decided to get dinner together and go over what they had all missed.

"Today was fun" Lena said as she got in the bed beside August.

"I'm glad you had fun"

"You didn't?"

"I did" he said.

She turned towards him staring him in his eyes as she rubbed his face lightly.

He sighed slightly as he placed his hand on top of hers.

"I miss you Le"

"I'm right here babe"

He shook his head slightly. In his eyes he feared their relationship falling apart.