-5-

As Namjoon grasped Jins hand, it seemed as though their hands went straight through each others.

Namjoon furrowed his brow in confusion.

He reached out again and the same thing happened.

He looked up, "Jin? What's going on?"

As their eyes met, Namjoon stared pleadingly.

Jin just smiled painfully.

"I'm sorry Namjoon, did you think I was really here? It's all in your head, I'm sorry..."

Jins voice started to fade away, along with his body as he drifted off the edge of the building, further and further out of reach.

Namjoon just gaped in utter shock at the diminishing figure who waved a last time.

His eyes burned with unshed grief and his limp, outstretched arm fell back heavily onto his lap.

His bowed in dismay as his heart plummeted in despair.

He always knew he wasn't in the best mental state, but he really thought for that glorious moment that Jin had survived the freak accident.

But of course he didn't.

Stupid.

He had seen with his own two eyes Jin being buried by the collapsing subway station.

It had finally hit him that he would never see Jin again.

Although it was fairly obvious, a small part of him deep deep down had secretly believed he was still alive.

But now all traces of hope were crushed and scattered in the passing breeze.

The full reality had hit him and run him over like a big lorry speeding down the motorway.

And it was too much to take.

So as he slowly drew in a shuddering breath, his hands simultaneously wheeled him closer to the edge of the rooftop.

He gazed out across the city unseeingly with a glazed look upon his face.

A look devoid of any hint of expression or emotion.

Scarily so.

Almost as if he could see something that was not there he leaned forward a fraction more.

"I'm coming, Jin, I'm coming to you," 

he muttered.

He rolled a little more.

"Hang on, just one second, Jin,"

he said as the wheels of his wheelchair teetered on the brink of life.

Then he was plummeting through the air, and as if time seemed to stop and slow down at his will, he seemed to see something before him.

"Hello Jin."

And one last time, he curved his lips into a beautiful smile.