9. three minus bree

Haley's P.O.V.

It has been a few days since Leo's sci-fi movie won the movie festival. We were all really proud of him because his movie actually turned out to be super good. It has also been about a week since Chase and I... kissed.

And we haven't said one word to each other. Surprised?

Because I'm not.

Whenever we would even look at each other, I felt like I was going to puke because of the feeling that arose in my stomach. He always looked like he was about to have a panic attack. Aside these looks and feelings, we knew we had to talk about what happened at some point. The only time we talked was when we went on missions, which still made me feel all nervous inside. Nobody knew except us that the kiss happened. It was best if nobody knew that it happened until we were both comfortable with the situation.

Adam, Chase, Leo, and I were all sitting on the bench in between classes when we saw Bree walk out of Perry's office with a brochure in her hand. She came over to us and asked, "Hey, did you guys know we had a Study Abroad program?"

"Why would I go to another country to do something I don't do here?" Adam asked.

"He does have a point." I agreed.

Bree didn't seem to hear us. She just showed us the brochure and continued, "Look. It says you get to spend a whole semester at a high school in Australia. And guess what? I applied."

"Cool!" Leo said, "Kelly Porter went last year. She got sucker punched by a kangaroo."

We all just winced at the thought before Adam said, "Alright, I guess we're going to Australia!"

The boys began to cheer quietly as Bree began to object, "Uh, no, no, no. No way. This is my thing. I mean, I can finally be on my own. I can study, travel, make new friends-"

That's when Chase decided to interject, "I hate to be a wet blanket-"

"No you don't." Leo said, which made Chase give him a look.

"But Mr. Davenport is never going to let you do this. You can't go on missions if you're halfway across the world." Chase finished.

"Well, sure I can. I mean, I haven't figured out all the details yet, but there's got to be a way to make it work." Bree said, really wanting to go on this trip.

"Not unless these three can unlock a new ability to make up for you not being here." Leo said.

I gave him a weird look and said, "What are you talking about? I can geoleap."

Suddenly, Adam said, "Oh! Well, maybe I can unlock an ability where I disappear and reappear somewhere else."

I rolled my eyes and said, "That's geoleaping, Adam."

"If you can do it, I'm sure I can too!" He insisted.

He immediately got into a squatting position, squeezed his eyes shut, and began to grunt. We all just gave him weird looks as he opened his eyes and stood back up, "Did it work?"

I went to open my mouth, but Chase stopped me and said, "You didn't do it long enough. Try it again."

"This time, more grunting." I added, playing along.