Reese's POV

Lauren didn't know who would be behind that door, but I did. Ever since we were young, I'd always been in her shadow. Her stupid, shiny shadow. She was the one with the mom, the pretty hair, the pretty eyes.

When we were out together, she would get so many compliments and I never understood what was wrong with me. At band camp, Ryan couldn't stop going on about how pretty she was. He asked me if I could talk to her for him.

Ugh. I did something selfish okay? This next part is so selfish. I told him that she wasn't interested, and he believed me. I made him believe that she thought we would do better as a couple than they ever could, and we kissed.

I bet you think I'm such a horrible 'friend' and that I didn't deserve a friend like Lauren.

When her and Tiara started hanging out and then she got all of the attention, it almost killed me inside. For once, I'd surpassed her on the scale and then I was brought back down again. She was popular, and half of the people at this school didn't know my name.

At lunch time, I walked back over to the trash can where all the memories were. I pulled them out, and I looked at what I had done. In pure jealousy, I'd ruined my whole entire friendship. Who was I?

I decided to split Secret Lover: Part 2 into two volumes because I wanted to publish Reese's POV today, but didn't wanna overload on chapters because I'm still working on Aqua.