Chapter 20

Habibah's POV

It's been a week since our marriage and I feel that there are more force of attraction that comes for me towards Omar. I admit that at first I'm too nervous to even sleep next to him, but as time passes by, I don't know why, he makes me feel comfortable. And now... everytime I hear the word 'home', I can always think about a place where there lives the person that I love the most, the one who can make me feel comfortable and safe. And I know that it'll always be him.

For today, Omar has a job interview in my university. We have promised each other that we won't mix up the problems in the household and the problems in the university. I have also told him to keep distance from me while we're in university. It was hard for me to say so to him, but I know that it'd just make things hard for me if he'd always be with me in the university. Especially that there are many grown-up ladies, I can safely say that I don't want to make any problems with them. Even though it'll be hard for me to look at him with the girls my age, I'd always keep a firm trust on him.

"Habibi, are you ready?"I've grown familiar with his nickname for me 'Habibi'. The arabian people usually use that word to say to their beloved ones (male). But he told me that he took the nickname from my name Habibah. I thought it was very sweet of him to do so.

"Yes, I'm ready."I shout as I jump from the last stair to the floor. He shakes his head, laughing.

"Still childish eh?"

"You can't blame me. I'm young."He pats my head.

"That's right, you're still a child. I must be some criminal to marry an underage."I glare at him which causes him to laugh loudly. He likes to joke around since we got nearer and it's a cute thing. Especially when he laughs and he shuts his eyes. He looks like those shouju anime guys. Okay, it's weird to compare him to non-existant guys, but he's just too cute that I'm afraid he might be a non-existant too!

"Hello? Earth to Habibah!"He shakes my body by my shoulders, which disenchants me from my thoughts.

"Ehh?"

"We have to get going now. We'll get late."I nod my head vaguely. We head out for the door and I lock the house, slipping the key under the 'Assalamualaikum' mat. I got the mat from mom.

We are lucky enough to receive a car from his parents as our marriage gift. Even though it's not a Land Cruiser or a Pajero or anything that's big, at least we have a vehicle to rely on and I'm so grateful for that.

Once we arrive at the university, we begin to separate. Him, going to the office while I head to the class. Though I don't forget to wish him a good luck.

When I enter class, they are all sitting around a student's bench. When they all turn to look at me, I realize that the bench belongs to a new student who's a guy, yet there are many girls surrounding him. I shake my head and only greet them all with Assalamualaikum. Some things never change...

Soon enough the class starts and I breathe out a sigh of relief. It means Omar's interview has gone! I wonder how it went. Hmm, I'll be sure to make him a call when I change class.

The class finally ends and I quickly pack my stuffs, shoving them inside my bag and head to the bathroom first to make a call.

"Salaam, hello Omar how was the interview?"

"It went well. I'll tell you when you get home okay? I have to manage some things here."I immediately say ok and end the call quickly, running towards the next class.

"I'm screwed."I whisper under my breath as I see the teacher already standing in front of the class. I inhale and knock on the door, looking at my shoes shamefully. The teacher opens the door. When I look up at the teacher, I get surprise!

"M-miss Farhana?"I ask in disbelieve. Even though she's a psychology teacher, she has never teach my class before. Not even as a proxy teacher.

"Yes? Why are you late?"I look down shamefully.

"I-I'm sorry miss. I had to make a call to...him."I get fluster when I say that to my teacher. Even though the both of us are married woman, it still feels weird to say that to a senior.

"Ah, I see. Well then, please take your seat. Mr.Hamed is sick, so I'm a proxy teacher here."Mr. Hamed is somehow, her husband and they're both in the same department, that's psychology. Even though they're both senior psychologists, and married, they work very serious and professional. They don't act like they're married, though when they're asked, they answer truthfully and happily. It's like, they're so proud to have and be with each other.

"Ehh, then... convey my regards to him, please. I hope he gets well soon In sha Allah."

"Amiin, thank you. Now please have your seat."I nod and walk inside the class. That new guy is somehow inside too. He might have all the classes same with me. I sigh and sit at the very last bench. If I have come earlier, I can sit in the front row, but since I'm late, so late, I have to sit on the very last row.

After that, the classes go by really well and it's already time to go home. I feel really happy to go home because now, I finally have someone to talk to and joke with. As always, I wait in the bus stop, even though I'm going with Omar.

He arrive minutes later and I immediately crawl in to the car, buckling up my seat belt before we drive away.

"So.. how was it?"I ask eagerly. He shrugs. I sigh, pinching his arm.

"Ow! I'm driving okay!"I mouth sorry and stay silent until we arrive at house. I ignore him and immediately enter the bedroom, without waiting for him. I throw the bag across the room to the chair and sit on the bed to untie my shoes. After I place the shoes on the rack, I walk back to bed and sit in an cross-legged style with a comic in my hand.

"Habibi..."I still ignore him and continue to read the comic, trying hard to not to get distract by him. He sits on the bed and pulls me to look at him. "Look at me. Hey, hey. Look at me, please."

"Wha?"

"I'll take you to a dinner, okay?"I narrow my eyes at him.

"Are you bribing me so I can forgive you? Ei, mr. Abdullah, I don't take bribes!"I continuously hit his arm playfully, until he holds the both of my hands and place a soft kiss on the both of my knuckles, causing my cheeks to heat up. "Ahh Omar! Stop being cheesy!"

"You don't like being treated in a cheesy way eh?"I shake my head. I do though, I'm just not used to these. "So... you don't want a candle light dinner?"I gape.

"C-candle light? Ahh.. that's an exceptional."I flush in embarrassment, rubbing my cheeks which are hot.

"Then get ready."I stare at him with wide eyes, bewilder. Is he serious? "Yeah I'm serious. Come on! Get ready because we're gonna eat!"

"A-are you serious? I don't mean all of them you know. It was just a joke."He laughs, smiling down at me.

"What do you think? Of course I'm serious! Let me be a cliché and cheesy man for once."I flush.

"Well, I can't deny that... But..."

"What is it? The job? Ahh, don't worry. I got it good!"I smile happily, knowing that he was accepted.

"Yes... But there's something else."

"What is it then?"

"Our economy. This candle light dinner would only be a waste, won't it? Besides, having dinner with you in home is already a gift for me."I smile up at him, earning the cute dimples to form on his cheeks.

"Not really. After all, l'm getting a job. And I used the money that I've saved."

"Omar! That's more worse! You used your-"He places his hand on my mouth.

"Anything for you, is not a waste. In fact, I'd sacrifice my life to see you smile. I'd protect that smile forever."His words cause me to freeze on spot. They're sweet. Sweeter than Galaxy soft milk chocolates.

"Aww! Omaaar!"I blush, but pull him in a hug anyway. I can say that I don't regret my choice of marrying him. In fact, I'd regret everything if I didn't marry him. Because he's a great man with a lovely personality, and I admit... that I'm somehow slowly falling for him...