LoverBoy!Steve x Male!Reader [PART THREE]

You took a deep breath and knocked on Steve's door twice. "Coming!" He shouted through the doors, probably from the bathroom. The door opened two minutes later and his face brightened with a warm smile as he saw you. "Y/N." He said cheerfully. "Come in." He stood aside to let you walk in. You thought about it for a couple of seconds. And so you went in; if you were going to do this, you might as well do this right.

The rest of the day after your bitter confrontation with Steve about his Instagram post was spent in dilemmas and crude comments from the rest of the TV, not to mention how Thor and Clint came over to your room especially to yell at you for making Steve feel like shit after your failed attempt to dump him after the first date. Only if they knew how Steve really acted with his forced kisses.

"I'm ready to give it a try." You said as you walked in, facing away from him. You stiffened as you felt a pair of arms wrap around your waist as Steve's head nuzzled the crevice of your neck.

"I knew you'd understand." He said. "You smell so good." He said, taking a deep breath as he laid soft kisses on your cheek from behind.

"But Steve... I'm not sure if... if I'm comfortable with this yet." You mumbled, your usual snappy facade fading with the vulnerability that came with being held by a super soldier. If he wanted to, he could do anything to you and the world would still kiss his feet for being Captain America and the thought made you sick.

"Shh..." he held you closer and you swear to God you felt his boner which made you jerk away. You were successful in you get away as you faced him and maintained a safe distance between you two.

"I... I have to go." You said and walked towards the door but he blocked your way.

"A goodbye kiss?" He smiled genuinely. You gulped as he leaned down and kissed you. Reluctantly, you kissed back this time. You felt tears well up in your eyes as his hand caressed your back under you clothes but he let go soon enough. Steve hugged you again and then you left.

***

"Honestly, I don't even know why you're sticking up with this shit. I would've kicked the guy in the nuts and castrate him with a butter knife if I were you. You're giving him too much power, just be the usual bitchy you with him and he'll back up." Said Ethan, your long time friend from SHIELD academy from the days you worked for SHIELD as mere spies until Fury found out about your powers and signed you up for the Avengers initiative.

"He's not a bad guy, Ethan." You sighed, sipping on your chocolate milkshake. "And he really does love me which speaks for itself that he sure has some nerves. Everybody says we're meant to be and-"

"Bullshit. They can't just make you get in a relationship with him. Did you tell them about the kissing?"

"No." You looked down.

Ethan sighed and bent over the table towards you. He pulled your shirt down a little to reveal light hickeys down the back of your neck. "You have to do something about this." He said.

"But what if we really are meant to be? What if I'm the one that's messing everything up?" You asked but before Ethan could answer, your phone rang. You looked at the caller ID and sighed. It was Steve. "I'll be right back." You said and stood up from the table and that's when you realised that it was getting dark outside. You hadn't realised so much time had passed.

"Where are you?" You heard Steve's voice as you picked up the phone. He sounded concerned.

"I'm with Ethan at a café, why? What happened?"