11 Crazy Superhero Skills Actors Had to Learn

TopJoke

June 9, 2018 10:00 pm

The world of superheroes has recently become an extremely popular topic in cinema. Each year, directors present us with several movies about the adventures of people with superpowers. But few people know how hard it is to get under the skin of a superhero person.

Wolverine

Hugh Jackman not only had to learn how to fight and do incredible stunts but also keep his physique: toned muscles at the age of 46 is a matter of hard training and egg-white omelets, according to the actor.

Spider-Man

Actor Tobey Maguire not only commented on his tight costume but also about how he had to do things like backflips to become a superhero.

Hulk

Mark Ruffalo really had his acting skills tested, being the only actor in history to play both Dr. Bruce Banner and the Hulk in one movie. Long after his fellow actors left the set for the day, he had to go through scenes alone in a leotard to capture all of the movements for the CGI team.

Captain America

For his part in the Marvel movies, Chris Evans had an opportunity to figure out fighting with the most unusual weapon: the shield of Captain America.

Batman

For the fighting styles in Batman vs Superman, Ben Affleck needed to master moves from boxing, karate, Muay Thai, taekwondo, savate, krav maga, ninjutsu, kung-fu, judo, and aikido.

Superman

The role of Superman in the DC movies had always tested the strength of its performers. But in 2017 it requires not only fighting skills and a ripped body but also an ability to figure out tricks, gymnastics, stunt work, and acting, all while flying on ropes.

Thor

To play a god, you need god-like training. "Chris Hemsworth workout" is one of the most searched items on the Internet and him being Thor in movies had really contributed to it. Thor’s physique is maintained with an old-school bodybuilding approach: careful attention was given to Hemsworth’s arms and shoulders, along with a strict regimen of red meat, heavy weights, and some protein powder.

Wonder Woman

According to Gal Gadot, training for Wonder Woman was harder than being in the Israeli army. "I was training for 6 months prior to the shoots, and 6 hours a day. I did 2 hours [of] gym work, 2 hours [of] fight choreography, and one and a half hours to 2 hours horseback riding, which is super hard! When people used to tell me, ’Yeah, I do sport, I ride horses,’ I was like, ’That’s not sport. The horse does everything.’ But no! You’ll be surprised. It’s so painful."

Doctor Strange

Benedict Cumberbatch is a handsome man, but in the world of Doctor Strange his biggest challenge was to not break character while making "magic moves" for SGI effects.

Joker

To get the role of Joker, you really need to be exceptional. This is why both Heath Ledger and Jared Leto used method acting to get under the skin of the famous fictional sociopath. Leto even sent the cast a dead pig at the very first table read, and it didn’t stop there: during filming, he sent out such terrorizing gifts as snakes, live rats, and used condoms.

Harley Quinn

Actress Margot Robbie had to learn how to hold her breath underwater. Her personal record is actually over 5 minutes long!