Two Households

CW: mentions of suicidal thoughts
Ship: Peter/Jason kind of
Word Count: 802

"Never let it be said I don't deliver," Lucas greets Jason, placing the baggie and bottle in his hand, cautiously looking at the people surrounding him.

"Thanks," Jason mumbles, looking at the drugs uncertainly before shoving them into the pockets of his costume.

Lucas turns to walk away, but quickly turns back to Jason and tells him: "You know we're still cool, right?"

Jason gives him a nod, blinking the tears away from his eyes. Lucas takes Jason's cue, and leaves. Jason quickly looks around at the cast rushing around him.

"Hey," he calls out to his boyfriend.

Ex-boyfriend. He reminds himself.

Peter stops in his tracks, and turns to face Jason.

"I talked to Father," Jason tells him, anxiously wringing his hands together, "about us."

"Really?" Peter asks, a small flicker of hope in his eyes. "And?"

Jason looks at the boy with teary eyes and shakes his head quickly. He blinks away his tears again, causing one to slip down his cheek.

"Oh..." Peter mumbles, the light of hope flickering out.

"What if we escape this?" Jason asks, wiping away his tear. "Peter, you and I," he takes the boy's hands in his own and squeezes them. "Ran away, just never looking back?"

"Jason," Peter cuts in, taking his hands out of Jason's. "You can't hide anymore. I can't hide anymore." Peter crosses his arms across his chest. "I don't want to."

"But what if we-?" Jason begins, placing a hand on Peter's cheek.

"Jason, stop," Peter cuts him off again, pushing the boy's hand away. He looks down at his shoes with glassy eyes. Jason takes the hint that he doesn't want to talk.

"Just," Jason begins, rubbing the back of his neck, "think about it, please? We could leave right now."

Peter looks up at Jason, eyes wide with surprise.

"Jason."

"You have so much on your mind," Peter says, cautiously cupping his best friend's cheeks.

"Please, just think this through," Peter looks directly into Jason's eyes.

"You know I love you, but I can't go run off with you," Peter wipes away Jason's tears that he didn't even realize began to fall. Jason places a gentle hand over Peter's.

"You need to face your demons," Peter sobs, a tear of his own escaping, "Accept you've hurt us all."

"You've made mistakes, but this doesn't have to be your fall," Peter leans up and presses a chaste kiss to Jason's lips.

"Jason," Peter sobs, "we're all here to support you. Please don't go do something stupid." Jason looks Peter in the eye, worried as to how he knew about his plan.

"I know you, love," Peter mumbles, letting go of Jason. "We all know you. Please don't do something you'll regret." Peter holds out his hand. Jason slowly nods, then reaches into his pocket to pull out the G and K.

"Thank you," Peter cries, hugging Jason tightly around his middle. Jason hugs Peter back, wondering how he could of thought about leaving this boy all alone. As if reading his thoughts, Peter pulls his head away from its place on his shoulder and rubs his nose against Jason's.

"I love you," Peter mumbles, pressing his lips against Jason's, passionately.

There was a sharp clearing of the throat from next to them. They both parted, embarrassed, and put some space in between themselves.

"Guys," Matt greets, pursing his lips and giving the boys a nod, "What I did... that was messed up. I didn't mean to- I'm sorry." Matt apologizes quickly, and seems much more interested in his shoes scuffing the floor than the couple in front of him.

"It's done," Peter mumbles, slightly upset by the way it occurred.

"It's fine," Jason mumbles, with a sad smile on his face. "I'm kind of glad you did that, because I wouldn't have had the balls to do it myself, and it didn't turn out as bad as I thought it would. So, in a way, thanks Matt."

Matt looks stunned, then he flushes and clears his throat. "Uh, yeah... no problem?"

"Actors ready!" Kyra announces to the actors backstage, causing a group of them to meander onto the stage. Jason claps Matt on the back, causing the shorter boy to nod, then follow the others.

Peter begins to follow, before Jason calls out: "Wait!" Peter stops cold in his tracks, and turns to Jason. "I love you, you know," Jason admits, taking a few long strides to reach his soulmate's side.

"I do," Peter mumbles, giving Jason a watery smile. Jason chuckles and gives the boy a quick kiss.

"Come on," he says, giving the boy his hand, "the audience is waiting." Peter gives a big smile, and takes Jason's hand.

And in that moment, they remember how simple life is just by holding each other's hands.