CHAPTER 27: Children

Clary stared at her brother. "Your insane!"

"I am not!" He said.

Clary laughed a little. "We sound like kids."

Jonathan laughed as well.

Clary stood up and touched her back. It was a stupid idea, she thought as she arched her back and screamed in pain.

Jonathan grabbed his sisters shoulders and sat her back down in her chair. "I'll get you medicine."

When he walked to the door, he started coughing uncontrollably. Demon ichor poured out of his mouth and he sank to his knees.

Clary stood and ran to him. Even though he whipped her and kidnapped her, it was her brother. She didn't want to watch him be in pain.

She felt like Jonathan was becoming their father. She loved Valentine when he died. She hated him after.

She didn't want that happening to them.

No matter what, Clary wanted to love her brother like she always had.

He was spitting up the black substance on her legs and she was rubbing his back.

She saw his eyes turn from a black to a blue. His hair from a light blonde to a dark dirty blond.

His eyes rolled back, and he sank to the ground with a heavy THUMP!

{PAGEBREAKPAGEBREAKPAGEBREAK}

Jace was thinking the most horrible things that could be happening to Clary. Rape, torture, even slow murder.

He wasn't sure they would find her alive.

He felt a hand on his shoulder. He looked back to Alec giving him a reassuring smile. But his eyes were sad.

"If Clary isn't-" Jace started.

"Jace, stop." Alec said.

"No," he snapped. "If Clary isn't alive it will be a loss for all of us. Simon will be losing his best friend, I will be losing the girl I love the most," he took in a shakey breath and let tears fall onto his face. "You and Izzy will be losing a sister. She won't get to meet Max. I bet he will like her."

Alec handed Jace a tissue, but he refused.

"Magnus, we need to hurry." Jace said.

Magnus looked back at him. "What do you suggest we do?"

"Steal a car."