Sixteen

So remember how we talked about young and dumb blah blah blah? Yeah, that was me, and it really sums me up to the 'T'. I wanted adventure and danger and well all things 16 year old girls want. To fit in and feel important. To be seen. To be noticed. To have guys mushing over you just because of who you are. And for a while I had that. Just not in the right places.... I felt so "outside" within my friends, within my school, within myself. No one understood me. People at school hated me and made fun of me, my friends never asked me how I was, I hated myself and on more than one occasion I tried to/planned on killing myself to make it all end. Just so maybe it would all make sense. Maybe I wouldn't be another statistic, maybe my peers would learn and grow and change. They never did, but obviously I never did what I sat out to do when I was 16 or I wouldn't be here now talking to you all. Anywho, lets move on. It was the beginning of summer between junior and senior year. I was on cloud 9. This would be my year, I knew it. I would make friends, people would see me for me. I might actually "fit in". And I was ecstatic and had a plan.
Step 1) find older guys to fawn over you
Step 2) have proof of older guys fawning over you
Step 3) become popular
Simple enough right? Except, maybe just maybe that shouldn't have been important. Maybe I should have just wanted to make friends and be a good listener, and give the best advice I could give with the knowledge I had accumulated over the past 16 years. BUT ya know, at 16 we know everything and everyone else is dead wrong. So I set out to complete my mission and in a way I did exactly what I set out to do. And then some.