Ch. 3: The Journey (OLD)

"So Darkstalker's finally... gone?" Qibli asked Moon as they both flew towards the Ice Palace.

The sun was peeking over the horizon, as they had left in the middle of the night. They had accidentally zapped Winter back to the Ice Palace with all the other IceWings, yet he hadn't returned to Jade Mountain Academy the afternoon after. 

They were flying high over the golden sand of the Sand Kingdom, about to reach the Territory Breaker. The Territory Breaker was the thing that divided the Ice Kingdom and the Sand Kingdom. It was basically this huge gap of greenery and trees in between the Ice and Sand Kingdoms. The sun glinted off the huge trees, making them easy to see.

"Yes, Qibli. He's finally gone." Moon answered as she hovered next to him, her teardrop scales glimmering silver.

Qibli sighed, and Moon looked at him, puzzled. "What's wrong?"

"How will we break it to Winter?" Qibli blurted, flapping his leathery wings. "He'll be heartbroken."

Moon sighed and drifted over him, coming to rest at his right side. "I don't know. I'll just check to see if everything's okay, ask why he hasn't come back... then, if you want, we can both tell him."

Qibli agreed to that plan.

They both made it to the Territory Breaker, and rested in the trees for a while. 

Qibli and Moon landed in a large tree, its branches thick enough to hold both of their weight.

Moon told Qibli they should at least get an hours sleep, as they had stayed awake all night flying from Jade Mountain to here.

Qibli agreed, and the both settled onto the branches, covered by thick, interlocking leaves.

Suddenly, a harsh vision entered Qibli's mind.

Winter looked heartbroken for a split second, his jaw agape.

Then, as a blue tear shed from his eye, he lunged at Qibli, fangs bared.

Qibli opened his eyes fast. Breathing heavily, he silently eased into sleep, and a nightmare...

Moon and Qibli walked up to the big ice cave and knocked.

"Winter?" Moon asked, openeing the icy door.

Winter was laying on his bed. He looked up, and the expression of joy that crept on his face nearly made Qibli want to growl.

"Moon!" He said, surprised. He saw Qibli next to her, and instantly, his face fell.

"Qibli," he nodded.

Qibli looked taken aback by Winter's harsh action toward him, and felt more than ever like dusting (SandWing ruffian way for saying "slugging, socking, or punching") him.

"Winter, why didn't you come back to Jade Mountain Academy?" Moon asked, sitting down on his bed nex to him and slightly flinching when her backside came in contact with the ice bed.

Winter looked at her with a slight hunger in his eyes, his face straight. Suddenly, Qibli the hunger in Winter's eyes. Winter caught him looking and scowling.

Oh my moons, Qibli thought, He wants her. Now.

(HAHAI EVIL)

"I, err... I.. well, after your entire tribe realising you didn't actually die, everyone wanted to re connect with me," Winter explained.

"We missed you at Jade Mountain," Moon patted his front paw, and Qibli saw her flinch when his harshly cold scales came in contact with her black NightWing scales. If she was ever with him, he'd hurt her every time they... h u g... Qibli thought, trying not to imagine Winter hugging Moon. Ever.

"Is that stupid NightWing gone?" Winter asked, his face contorted into fury and disgust.

"Darkstalker's gone. Forever."

(A/N: Oh, how wrong she was about that... MUAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA *gets slapped* JEEZ OKAY I'LL STOP [Random Jerk: your laughing sounds like a broken alarm clock!] OH WELL IM SORRY I CANT HELP MY LAU - *clears throat* sorry, getting sidetracked, on with the story *throws a bathtub at the Random Jerk*)

Winter nodded.

"Um, Winter..." Moon said uneasily, getting off his icy slate bed and standing to her feet.

"What is it, my lo- I mean, Moon?" Winter asked, rising to his feet.

Moon backed away a step, and Qibli stepped forward, whispering something in her ear. "I'll tell him," he whispered.

 She nodded, regretfully. "But won't he get madder if it's you who tells him?" She whispered back.

"I don't want you getting yelled at again," Qibli told her.

She nodded and backed off. Qibli spread his wings over Moon. "Don't get mad at Moon," he said in his harsh tone to Winter, then switching back to normal when he took a breath and said:

"Me and Moon are a couple."

"QIBLI!" Moon yelled as she shook him. The SandWing bolted awake and nearly fell off the tree branch. "Sorry," he muttered.

The sun was up high now, and Qibli saw it glint off in Moon's ever green eyes, and he had to save himself from getting lost in them.

The NightWing spread her wings and lifted off from the tree gracefully, and Qibli leapt off the tree branch and joined her in the sky a moment later, high above the trees.

Together, the NightWing and SandWing solemnly flew toward the Ice Kingdom.

Toward the Ice Palace.

Toward Winter.