𝐣𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐨𝐮𝐬𝐲

well, i liked him first!

—NOT EDITED—

————————————————————————————————

CHENLE glanced up at the pretty boy across the classroom for the nth time that day. brunette, bright eyes, mesmerising, slightly crooked, smile. huang renjun was, in chenle's opinion, one of the most angelic and ethereal people he had ever met in his life.

well, "met", was a strong word. he'd merely watched the boy from afar, easily too shy to approach the otherwise friendly boy whom he'd grown rather fond of.

however, he wasn't the only one to have eyes for the quiet, hardworking boy who always handed homework on time, sat at the front of every class and answered every question a teacher asked.

there were countless girls that would fawn over him, but the other boy that was rather open with his liking to the boy, was no other than the admired, na jaemin.

he sat diagonally to renjun's right, and chenle constantly caught him staring at the boy, and the worst part was...

na jaemin was chenle's best friend.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

chenle had liked renjun the first time he'd ever seen him, call it love at first sight if you'd like, but chenle didn't believe in things like that.

then, one day in the third week of the new school year, jaemin had excitedly approached chenle.

"hey, lele, have you seen that really cute guy? um... i think his name was hwall, no wait, huang renjum, no no, huang renjun! i think i like him!" jaemin's eyes sparkled, his heart on his sleeve as chenle's sunk.

"oh, yeah. he seems nice." he said quietly, looking down to hide the disappointed expression on his face.

"who knows, maybe i'll ask him out!" he'd said at the lunch table, causing chenle to choke on his chocolate milk. "you okay, lele?" jaemin was concerned at chenle's sudden outburst, his chocolate milk spraying all over his lunch.

"n-nothing. milk just went down the wrong way." chenle lied through his teeth, wiping his chin with his sleeve.

"well, anyway, i'm going to claim that boy before anyone else." jaemin had ended the discussion, continuing his lunch. chenle just stared at the boy across from him, shock and upset both coursing through his body at that moment in time.