Chapter 1

DISCLAIMER: I DO NOT OWN THE LYRICS TO HAMILTON OR THE PEOPLE.  Also, I DO NOT KNOW SPECIFICS ABOUT WHAT HAPPENS INSIDE THE GOVERNMENT.  THERE WILL BE HISTORICAL AND OTHER INACCURACIES.

Normal P.O.V

The News reports were starting to come in, practically every television in the country was tuned in.  Slowly, state by state, the results for the Presidential election was counted.  President Trump had once again run as part of the Republican party, and then there was Alexander Harrison, and against what he had previously said, ran from within in the Democratic party.  Alexander had planned to be part of a third party but after careful consideration, he decided to run as the Democratic candidate.  Even he knew that going through a third party would not get him to where he needed to be.

Alexander Hamilton was currently curled up against John on their couch.  The couple had moved to an apartment in Upper Manhattan, Lafayette and Hercules had their own apartment a block and a half over, and Lin was three blocks in the other direction.  

On the cool November 3rd of the year 2020, Alexander Hamilton and his husband were sitting in their apartment, having made it clear that there would be no speeches from Alexander until the 4th since the results would not come in until practically midnight.

As the end of the day approached Alexander slowly inched closer and closer to John, hugging him tighter and tighter.  The News reporters were constantly updating on the election.  For a while, Trump was in the lead, but that was the beginning.  It was by midday when Alexander caught up, but around 4pm, Trump, took the lead and a heavy one at the that.

The man on the news came again, Alexander turning up the volume.

"Just in, we have the results from 40 of our 50 voting states, and so far 453 of the 538 electoral votes are in, 289 of which are for President Trump, so in the unlikely event that Presidential Candidate Alexander Harrison does pull ahead, it will be by a small margin, however Candidate Alexander Harrison is ahead 382,023 popular votes-"

The television shut off, Alexander jerking his head to John who raised his hands in defense.

"It wasn't me!"

"It was us mon petit!" Laf announced, walking around the couch, crouching down right in front of Alexander's face, Laf grabbing his face in his hands.

"Now, you are going to stop watching the news- ah ah ah, no whining, no whining, we are going to have some fun.  Now, Monopoly or The Game of Life?"

"Why would you let Alexander pick Monopoly, you know he sucks at it and that he'll chuck the pieces at you!" John rambled as Laf dug through the others' closet, looking for the game that they knew the couple had.

"Yes mon ami, I know, however, Alexander likes this game, and even if he is a sore loser, it'll keep his mind off of things." John sighed, following the taller.

"Where is Herc?"

"Ah, mon amour is currently out voting, he was finishing up earlier."

"Don't tell Alex that."

"Don't tell Alex what?" Alexander asked from the floor of the living room, having been seated in front of the coffee table.

"That Herc is currently out voting."

"What?! He only went out now to do that?" Alexander shouted, attempting to stand up from the coffee table, but his knees collided with the coffee table, sending him toppling onto the couch, where he hit his elbow hit the edge of the armrest, sending a jolt through his body.